1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97 Camry V6 misfire

Discussion in 'Automobile Tech' started by Desertmaster, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Desertmaster

Desertmaster New Member

I own a 1997 Camry V6 with 260,000 miles, recently it has thrown an engine check light code (, P0300 Random misfire & P0303 misfire @ cylindar # 3) and the engine was hesitating at the time.

I related the problem to a bad fuel as I ended up resetting the engine light and added Techron (injector cleaner) into the gas tank and within a mile the hesitation was gone and stayed so for 4000 miles.

The issue re-surfaced again yesterday within 15 miles of filling up the gas tank, I did the same thing and the issue was gone, reset the light and I was good for about 60 miles untill this morning in which it came back again along with hesitation and I am suspecting a bad injector at cylindar # 3 specially that the wires, spark blugs are new (15,000 miles on them) and even after I swapped the coiles the issue perssited at the same cylindar.

Any ideas what I should be looking into in order to trouble shoot this problem ??

Thanks

Al
  2. tehcruiser

tehcruiser Regular Member

I would check for shorts in the wiring harness, or bad grounds. I ran into a similar problem on a honda civic, and it was a short in the wiring harness where it rubbed on a sharp corner.
    Otherwise I'd say a cam or crankshaft position sensor,..... but then the engine probably wouldn't run at all. Intermittent problems like that are a PITA!!! Good luck.
  3. grant5127

grant5127 New Member

I'd look toward the injector as you mentioned.... with 260K miles there's bound to be some deposits floating around........:beer: