eBay 96 Land Rover Disco, 4.3L Vortec, Heavily Modified, Tent, low miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pictures as promised.
IMG_0114.jpg
IMG_1449.jpg
IMG_1474.jpg

Just curious as to how that 4.3L pushes your truck around. I thought before about putting one in a FJ60 (comparable in size) but didn't know how it would power it. What gears are you running as well? Thanks

It is just painted that color. The truck used to be red and I hated it. Figured I would paint it something with some history. It isn't that yellow in person. Almost more of a butterscotch color; or a more manly description, Caterpillar yellow. Since all the Discovery Camel Trophy vehicles had European market diesels in them they were never for sale here to the general public.

The engine pushes the truck around pretty good. It has more power and torque then the factory engine so it was an improvement. In the mountains it does require a down shift due to the weight. Around town I think it feels pretty peppy for a truck that is almost an RV. The gearing is stock Land Rover 5sp which is pretty low. It has no problem crawling around.

post this on expeditionportal.com

I like and and if I was in the market and didn't already have one lol :)

Yeah, I am a portal member. Someone there recommended IH8MUD and I have no problem advertising to more people.

Thanks for the compliments!

Very cool truck. Wish you were more local so I can just check it out.

I'm not into Discoverys, but this is a nice one and it's a great deal.

Thanks for the compliments. I now have a pending sale and another backup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom