1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 4runner code 14 on engine diagnostic

Discussion in '79-95 Toyota Truck Tech' started by 1978freebornred, Mar 6, 2012.

1. 1978freebornred

1978freebornred

code 14 is listed as turbocharger? wtf ?? I called toyota they said check the ignition circuit to find out the problem??? It runs fine and drives fine it is a bit slow at acceleration but I have nothing to compare it to. The light only comes on when I drive about a 1/4 mile, It is not there at start up, the oil guage is funky and it is overfilled, I am changing the oil tonight, maybe too much oil interferring with spark?? any one have any wisdom on this?
  2. KLF

KLF Frame waxer SILVER Star

Code 14 diagnoses as: "IGF signal from igniter is not input to ECM for 4 consecutive ignitions" in the '95 FSM. Causes are listed as the wiring to the ECM (computer), the ECM itself, or the igniter.
  3. 1978freebornred

1978freebornred

It was filled 2 qt over on oil, but after an oil change it still comes on after driving a bit, so those are the only culprits since it drives good and not out of time?
  4. bcstoy

bcstoy

The ECU controls the igniter to ramp up voltage in the coil. In my experience often the igniter is responsible for lack of firing. If the igniter is an issue eventually it will fail creating a no spark condition. Since there is specific test for the igniter you may want to have a spare just in case.