93 FZJ80 exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having to put on a new exhaust for the 80. I currently have the dual side by side cats. I've contacted magnaflow and told them I'm only going to be using 1 cat. He suggested #95505. I haven't been able to find much information on which size I should get or of many people doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I plan on going to the exhaust guy this weekend. Also if there are any suggestions since I will be purchasing sliders at some point thanks!

Also with magnaflows suggestion(the cat seems huge) that it is possible that I will burn up smaller ones...any down side of going with a walker or rock auto one?

Or no cat idc just want it to run right...much research :confused:

Last edited:
You must not be in CA.

I will be running catless...now to find a quiet muffler. I figure I can ways add a cat if need be. Yep not in Cali. If everything goes well it should be done this weekend or the following

Just get Magnaflow's run of the mill down pipe with the cat...and hope the catalyst is damaged during shipping.

20150214_100024.jpg

Something to consider. We have 4" of header pipe going into 2" of exhaust pipe. I suggest you widen your exhaust to 2.5" of exhaust pipe to get some umph out of your rig. At 3" you might get to a point of diminishing returns, but I think 2.5" is better than 2". Yes, I did it with my rig and I noticed a difference, but then again, I'm the guy ducking in parking structures hoping not to hit my head.

Zona

Well I had my exhaust ran just by the front tire all the way back. Removed cats it still 2" which gives me more clearance and I noticed a difference in power (butt calc) without the cats. No CEL as of yet and will be driving it this week to determine how it goes. I purchased a walker 21548 muffler. It's quieter than before on the highway and a lot less drone than the 40 series that was in there. it really does smell like a tractor motor now :hillbilly:

So far drove it all week. 270 miles no check engine light no issues. I averaged 13.3mpg compared to 11-12. I don't really think removing the cats improved any gas milage maybe a bit. Does feel like it has a bit more power but so far happy with it.

Do you have any pictures of the new setup? I am thinking about putting a cat where the muffler is and putting a Y-pipe up where the cats were originally. Pictures are tougher to find for a 93-94.

Im doing the same thing next weekend. I had planned on removing the PAIR and moving the 02's to the manifold. Is there any cons to not even putting them back on at all since its OBD1 and no CEL's will come on anyway??

I'll say this for posterity: "try putting a 2.5" exhaust pipe on instead of 2"--if you think you're getting more umph from 2" you will definitely get it from 2.5"." Now go off and be somebody today.

Zona

Im doing the same thing next weekend. I had planned on removing the PAIR and moving the 02's to the manifold. Is there any cons to not even putting them back on at all since its OBD1 and no CEL's will come on anyway??

Unless you do some tricky wiring, simply removing the o2s will result in a cel.
Relocating them to the pair ports in the manifolds is simple and easy.

Gotcha. I had planned on buying some new Denso units anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom