93-94 vafm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

93yotasr5

Come and take it
Threads
Any of yous guys have a spare 93-94 vafm that is in working condition that they'd be willing to sell? Mine is on its way out.

Found one.

Still didn't fix my issue though.

What is your truck doing?

Messing with me!! Code 25/26. Will stay on for days at a time them randomly turn off. Then Flicker on and off. I'm thinking the new O2 sensors are already bad :/

Messing with me!! Code 25/26. Will stay on for days at a time them randomly turn off. Then Flicker on and off. I'm thinking the new O2 sensors are already bad :/
If you want to come over to my house Saturday morning you can test drive your truck with my AFM to see if that really is the issue to help pinpoint the problem.

I appreciate that. I ended up buying another unit that tested perfectly. My next 2 theories are o2 sensors and ecm.

Thanks

Do you have this?

DTC 25&26.JPG

Yes sir.
Thank you very much. @Atwalz

Let me know what you learn. I get code 26 and disappears after few mins.

I am considering a V8 swap once my motor dies. Till then inline 6 it is.

Test your wiring before throwing parts at it. Mine had intermittent major issues turned out to be a bad ecu ground in the wiring harness. Misfiring, codes and cold start issues. It was the ECM ground for tps and afm.

I have a spare afm if you want to test with it. It has a bad temp sensor but won't throw the afm code. I have a spare 94 ECM too if you want to throw it in to test.

To test your wiring unplug the correct plug from your ECM and sensor giving you trouble. Then run a wire from the ecu side pin to one lead on your multi meter. I used a paper clip in the ecm connector pin with the wire wrapped around it. With the sensor connector disconnected connect the other lead on your multimeter to the same color wire under the hood. Each wire should have .1 ohms to .7. If it's higher than .7 ohm you have a bad wire somewhere in the harness or bad connection. Also with both sides of wiring unplugged testing from pin to pin there should be infinite resistance between all pins. If there is any continuity between pins there are bare wires are touching inside the harness somewhere.

PM me if you need the ECM pin out diagram

I need a air flow meter for 1994 FZJ80. If anyone has it locally let me know. Thanks.

Damn,

Give Alex a call. I. Light one from him last year. +1 (916) 705-5315. He sells a lot of 80 series parts.

Thanks

Ended up being a bad o2 sensor connector and bad sensors. Fixed the sensor connector and replaced the sensors with Denso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom