91 SURF 2LTE GO TO MAX RPM WHEN RUNNING? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hI,
ANY ONE KNOW WHAT WILL CAUSE A 91 2LTE TO GO TO MAX RPM WHEN ENGINE RUNNING,AT FIRST IT WAS DOING THAT INTERMITTENLY,NOW IS ALL THE TIME.
THERE'S NOT MANY SPRINGS IN THE PUMP THAT CAN BREAK AND CAUSE THE HIGH RPM.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED.
SIMON

Mine did that when I turned the fuel up too much (spill control valve adjust). It took exactly one turn in to get to a run-away condition. So try turning the screw back out and see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn't maybe the SCV has failed.

Mine did that when I turned the fuel up too much (spill control valve adjust). It took exactly one turn in to get to a run-away condition. So try turning the screw back out and see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn't maybe the SCV has failed.
Thanks gts, will the throttle position sensor do this if it fails?

Thanks gts, will the throttle position sensor do this if it fails?

I suppose it's possible if the computer thinks the throttle is significantly open when it's not. I've never had that problem though so can't say for sure.

hI,
ANY ONE KNOW WHAT WILL CAUSE A 91 2LTE TO GO TO MAX RPM WHEN ENGINE RUNNING,AT FIRST IT WAS DOING THAT INTERMITTENLY,NOW IS ALL THE TIME.
THERE'S NOT MANY SPRINGS IN THE PUMP THAT CAN BREAK AND CAUSE THE HIGH RPM.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED.
SIMON
Hi my friend, did you ever fix the issue? I'm having similar issue with mine now. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom