90 Day LV Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More Frame pics
small_DSCN0342.JPG
small_DSCN0349.JPG
small_DSCN0350.JPG

This is getting exciting. Looks like you had a bunch of help. Wish I had a crew like you had. Next post?

Thanks but my Crew consisted of MYSELF and maybe twice a week I would have my son William and maybe one of his buddies. :wrench: But I am proud to say I did all the physical work myself, But again I had alot of good friends supporting this project :cheers:

Calif, Title

[/CENTER]
Wow, that is impressive. Nice to have a couple of strong backs though when you need them. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks ! as far as the title goes I called a fellow Cruiserhead who is also a CHP Officer and got some advice on getting the LV in my name. I downloarded the forms http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg343.pdf got the LV on the Trailer and had the CHP do the Vin verification and back round check, They really were understanding about the fact that i was restoring the LV and I needed this before I put even more time into it. Well the next day i went to AAA and 73 dollars later I had new plates and a California Title in My name :clap:
While I was getting this done I had also started getting things ready to install the front axle. I decided to use the front axle from this 71 FJ-40 I picked up because I was going to put Power brakes on while I was this far into the LV , William got that going from a parts rig I picked up from a friend in San Diego ( Thanks Kevin ) and I got the front springs and everything else cleaned and painted​
small_DSCN0442.JPG
small_DSCN0443.JPG
small_DSCN0389.JPG

Great work!
It's good to see the young'uns getting dirty, even if only a few days a week.
The progress you've made so far is impressive.

We are 30 days into this project :D The frame is good and I have a Calif Title in my name, Georg ( Orange45 ) from Valley Hybrids is mud shipping a set of Troopy rear springs via Dan ( Danimal ) I have a set of front spring bushings and shackles and I pulled a motor I had out of moth balls ( I will get into that later ) Parts were coming in and I had some time off :wrench:
Once I had all the parts I started getting the front axle together and installed.​
small_DSCN0388.JPG
small_DSCN0392.JPG
small_DSCN0393.JPG

After the axle was installed I cleaned rebuilt or replaced the wheel cylinders , had the drums turned and thru on some new shoes. now that that was done and sitting on some rims and tires Calstyl2 gave me I had to start thinking about the rear axle, :hmm: There was so much to do and I was starting to think I was over my head :crybaby: But we pushed on :D I was also in the middle of rebuilding the vacuum shifter for the transfer case and cleaning the 3 speed thans I was going to use ( this was from a 1973 FJ-40 ) we were going in alot of directions :bang:
small_DSCN0411.JPG
small_DSCN0412.JPG

A nice twist of change for the life of this LV, I"ll say, looks nothing like Whitey's previous pics posted in the classifieds a while back. Keep the pics coming.:)

I am glad your all enjoying this :D It was time to start on the rear axle while I was doing that I had William start working on the motor we were going to use ( more on that later ) I broke out the torch and got busy you can see just how bad the rust was on the rear springs
small_DSCN0398.JPG
small_DSCN0399.JPG
small_DSCN0427.JPG

Motor

While I was busy cleaning up the rear of the frame William un-covered a 1974 F motor I had picked up about year and a half ago for about a hundred bucks. The PO told me it was running fine and I had no reason to doubt him. I figured we would clean it up and replace the gaskets and rear main seal before we installed it. Notice the home made smog header :grinpimp:
small_DSCN0366.JPG
small_DSCN0424.JPG
small_DSCN0425.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom