90,000 Mile Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BMT

Threads
Can someone with a FSM post what is required at the 90,000 mile service on a 94 FZJ ???. Is there anything else that should be done at this time that isn't on the list. Thanks.

Most definitely :D We will also do the 4WD playground outside my place. Bringing the cruiser?

I think I might just sell it and buy a Nissan Patrol like Jim Phillips. :D

Is that the same one that has been for sale for over a year? Needs a clutch assembly and the doors are hacked up?

Maybe I should buy it for the "cabin". You know...an around town rig.

Oh well...I guess I will need to call Dan and order a FSM. I was hoping to use the money on my new 50hp exhaust. :D

BMT

I don't think you'll find the recommended service listed in the FSM. At least I can't find that info in the FSM for my 97 or the FSM for my 96 Tacoma. This is really one of my pet peeves about Toyota, the fact that they really don't seem to define the service really well, at least not to the consumer.

For example, the service record that came with my Tacoma when new says to check the timing belt at 60,000 and then make no other mention of it. It never says to replace it at any interval.

Also, if you really do want to buy a FSM (not to undercut Dan here - I know he has dogs to feed) but you might check Burien Toyota in the Seattle area. They pretty much sell them at cost. I got mine for about $75.00 and got a new owners manual for $10.00.

Tom

Interesting,

Owners manuals usually LIST for $9.95 (unless it's a reprint for an older vehicle). Current list price for a 97 FSM is $81.95. A 94 model book lists for $94.95

As far as recommended intervals, they were removed from FSM's and placed in a separate booklet that came along with the owners manual package. I believe that was in 96.

Dan.

Hmmmm, guess I just thought I was getting a good price.

Tom

Mr. C is popular. Charge Hltoppr double, he's big money. :D Tom, thank you for the info. I wonder why Toyota took out the info and put it in the owners package. ??? I guess so owners would have the info without the FSM. CDan, got my care package today. Thanks again.

[quote author=Hltoppr link=board=2;threadid=4247;start=msg32253#msg32253 date=1060891284]

CDan, your "inbox" is full....What's a case of 20004s going for these days?

-H-
[/quote]

Yea it is, LOL. The new upgrade caps it at 50 and I'm 264% full :eek: I've been editing and printing the stuff I need to save so I can get more :D I'll Pm that to you when I get the closet cleaned up.

Wouldn't hurt. Thanks. When are you hitting town?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom