88 FJ62-Vortec 5.3L Re-Power & more....VIDEO ADDED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heather made the boots for the twin sticks, Lokar shifter and E-brake. The ring for the twin sticks is a Lokar part. It is the same size at the main shifter ring but not billet aluminum. The T-case shifters come through the tunnel on the corner so the ring had to curve to fit. She mad a new main shift boot so the material would match. The Lokar boot was also round for a square ring.

The rubber boot's foot print is actually smaller than the hole in the tunnel so I would have had to patch the hole to use it. Now both rings are the same size.

This is not initial start up for the motor in this truck, it had been run for 30-40 miles prior to this start up.

Of course the front axle seals leak............

Some knuckle love.

10896976_901577663206459_2032460244202140019_n.jpg
10897911_901577686539790_5576709430568419659_n.jpg

Ranger is going home tomorrow. Plenty of shake down runs under his belt. I am going to miss this truck, it is fun to drive. Think Silverado 3500 HD towing package final drive ratio or there about, more like a 1500 standard with 35s

I always like to admire your work. I'm not able to watch your videos usually, as I must be one of the only holdouts left who refuses to get a facebook ( mostly because it seems I'm being forced to). I am however a rabid consumer of YouTube. Anyway you could just post a youtube link?

LOL, you're funny. These are among my first videos. I can go from phone to internet via Face Book. I'll get around to You Tube. My wife is learning how to use movie apps on her new lap top.

Dude, freaking fan-fxxxing-tastic!!! One niggle (and personal opinion) is I really dislike those wheels. They just don't seem to fit the truck. Other than that, because of your videos and build you are starting to seriously tip the scale towards repainting my truck the OEM 8B4 instead of Monstaliner'ing the entire thing..... DAMNYOU!!!

Thanks guys. I am going to miss driving this one

Heather has been hard at work messing with a video program, her first video..........

What was your rpm at 80 mph? I couldn't see it in the video.......did you drive it enough to figure miles per gallon?
Thanks

aprox 2600 RPM @ 80 MPH 1900 RPM @ 65 MPH No idea on MPG, not really on the radar at that stage. I'd guess about 14-15 at this point.

clean swap....very nice with the inclusion of all the detail work.

Oh yeah, nice! Keep honing those skills and perfecting the process. I hope to start, make that RESTART my build this year sometime. I wasn't sure I would trust my cruiser to anyone else, but you seem to know whats up. And that Heather must really be something. Better give her an extra hug. She seems to have some skills of her own.

Thank you HillHippy You are right about Heather, she has a lot of talents and id an important part of HFS. I could not do it without her.

Holy crap I enjoyed this thread! You did awsome, and the owner can now proudly cruise in a new rig.
I looked up your facebook page, crusiers is one of the few reasons i use FB.
And big props to Heather, she brings a new nishe to the world of cruiser. Gotta love people caring for the 60 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom