For Sale '87 "The Red Monster" - WY-- SOLD/SHIPPED as of 11-8-15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD/SHIPPED -- Thanks for looking guys!

YEP... Time to move on guys.. My Goss aka "The Red Monster" is for sale.

137 pages of build and BS on pretty much anything you want to know or see and then some. Hundreds of pics, etc...

Gossamer- '87 FJ60 aka "The Red Monster"

Just the standard highlights for now... Slightly modified as most know. A little hot rodded- P-pumped 4BT with intercooler, Ranger torque splitter (27% OD) Final double overdrive is .62:1, H55F Yota 5 spd. Basically 10 forward gears and 2 reverse gears. Twin sticks, New SpeedHut dual/quad gauges, custom interior. Pioneer CD player, JBL speaker 4:56 gears. Full float rear as well. Less than 7K miles on the rebuilt 4BT, years of fun left in it.

This rig is sprung UNDER with modified spring perches. Approx. an 8" lift. Less than 1000 miles on the 345 R75 16s (set of 5) 37's with wheel spacers.

I will build and sell the rig with one of my standard dual swing rear bumpers and front winch bumper with a bullbar. The squid front bumper currently installed can be had but, gonna cost ya! 12k MotoAlliance remote controlled winch.

Custom Expo/RTT roof rack with 52" curved LED bar included. No awnings or RTT, but can be purchased separately if interested.

Full Red and Black Monstaliner exterior including door jambs and inner perimeter door panels. Full upgraded door and liftgate weatherstripping.

Everything works but, needs to be tied back into the OE harness. It can be run as is, either will work. Just depends on how clean you want the final installation to be. Front turn signals, rear wiper and CD player need to be wired in. Have all parts for this. New A/C compressor and custom bracket included.

Asking $18,000.00 Will consider partial trade and cash for a 100 or 70 series.

PM me with any questions,

Jason

P1030308.JPG
P1030310.JPG
P1030311.JPG
P1030309.JPG
P1040835.JPG

Last edited:
Even though I don't like that you are selling it, I like you and Goss. GLWS sir.

What kind of MPG does this get? ;)

Even though I don't like that you are selling it, I like you and Goss. GLWS sir.

What kind of MPG does this get? ;)

Thanks Alex, you know I'll be back, I can't stay away... :rolleyes:

18-24mpg depending on what its subjected to. Last trip to CruiserFest was 446 miles round trip and got 22.55mpg avg with an avg speed of around 75mph.

J

i really hope this goes to a mud member! Sweet rig J...one of these times you'll build it AND actually get to keep it! I'd get it for the :princess: but don't think she'd like climbing in and out on a daily basis (all 5'1" of her)....or my two little girls.

Someones going to get a great rig.

i really hope this goes to a mud member! Sweet rig J...one of these times you'll build it AND actually get to keep it! I'd get it for the :princess: but don't think she'd like climbing in and out on a daily basis (all 5'1" of her)....or my two little girls.Someones going to get a great rig.

K,

I'll build a spring loaded step off the sliders for her... HA!

I don't need/have to sell Goss. Just trying to lighten the load. If he doesn't sell I have no problem with keeping him and finishing him completely out.

J

GLWS Jason. Man, I've always loved this rig, but :princess: would shoot me if I mentioned another cruiser purchase right now!

I'll spread the word out this way.

GLWS Jason. Man, I've always loved this rig, but :princess: would shoot me if I mentioned another cruiser purchase right now!

I'll spread the word out this way.

S, You're a smooth talker... :lol: I'd really like for this to go to a MUD member. Will deal a little just to make that happen.

Jason

This is an AWESOME rig that should go to a good home. I was VERY tempted to take it off of J's hands at CruiserFest, but my time just does not allow it. Good luck with the sale J!!

I am not sure if it different because you are a vendor but I cant seem to send you a message (private) unless its on your main members page. Wanted to talk a little about your rig... just spend a LONG time (days) reading through 138 pages of your build. Still unclear on a few things.

I am not sure if it different because you are a vendor but I cant seem to send you a message (private) unless its on your main members page. Wanted to talk a little about your rig... just spend a LONG time (days) reading through 138 pages of your build. Still unclear on a few things.

Hmm should be like any other PM.. I'll start the conversation.

J

Such a great looking Cruiser. Wish I could afford it.

I'd like to see what a 60 feels like at an average of 75mph. Mine can hit 75 mph but it ain't pretty.

137 pages of build and BS on pretty much anything you want to know or see and then some. Hundreds of pics, etc...

Just the standard highlights for now... Slightly modified as most know. A little hot rodded- P-pumped 4BT with intercooler, Ranger torque splitter (27% OD) Final double overdrive is .62:1, H55F Yota 5 spd. Basically 10 forward gears and 2 reverse gears. Twin sticks, New SpeedHut dual/quad gauges, custom interior. Pioneer CD player, JBL speaker 4:56 gears. Full float rear as well. Less than 7K miles on the rebuilt 4BT, years of fun left in it.

This rig is sprung UNDER with modified spring perches. Approx. an 8" lift. Less than 1000 miles on the 345 R75 16s (set of 5) 37's with wheel spacers.

I will build and sell the rig with one of my standard dual swing rear bumpers and front winch bumper with a bullbar. The squid front bumper currently installed can be had but, gonna cost ya! 12k MotoAlliance remote controlled winch.

Custom Expo/RTT roof rack with 52" curved LED bar included. No awnings, but can be purchased separately if interested.

Full Red and Black Monstaliner exterior including door jambs and inner perimeter door panels. Full upgraded door and liftgate weatherstripping.

Everything works but, needs to be tied back into the OE harness. It can be run as is, either will work. Just depends on how clean you want the final installation to be. Front turn signals, rear wiper and CD player need to be wired in. Have all parts for this.

Jason

View attachment 1137544 View attachment 1137545 View attachment 1137546 View attachment 1137547View attachment 1137551

OK, so I normally just sort of look around when I hit the website. Today, however, I thought I'd send a PM and try to get a little more info. I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to find the PM link in the user guide and through help but "No Joy." How does one initiate a PM? I'd like to get a little more info on "The Red Monster."

Custom Expo/RTT roof rack with 52" curved LED bar included. No awnings, but can be purchased separately if interested.

Everything works but, needs to be tied back into the OE harness. It can be run as is, either will work. Just depends on how clean you want the final installation to be. Front turn signals, rear wiper and CD player need to be wired in. Have all parts for this.

Jason

View attachment 1137544 View attachment 1137545 View attachment 1137546 View attachment 1137547View attachment 1137551

OK, so I normally just sort of look around when I hit the website. Today, however, I thought I'd send a PM and try to get a little more info. I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to find the PM link in the user guide and through help but "No Joy." How does one initiate a PM? I'd like to get a little more info on "The Red Monster."

Click the persons avatar (mine is the T-T logo), a new screen will populate and click "Start a Conversation"

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom