Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@drillduty

Much appreciated.

We just hosted a benefit for the 'K9's for Warriors' this past Friday night. Had an awesome turnout - about 400-425 total at an old VFW post. Me and a buddy chipped-in and put a Sig MK25/Navy on the auction block (brought in $1200); buddy of mine at a gun shop put up a Ruger 10/22 takedown, SS, and got $900; silent/live auctions, bunch of cursing/rowdiness, and an overall great night for an even greater cause. Hoping we hit the 35-40K mark for the night.

Making-up for past sins, brother. . .

Billy Matranga ring a bell? What years did you serve? Feel free to PM. . .

Shane

ps - if you have a copy of that reply, can you send it to me. . .sounds like a good idea for a t-shirt.

pss - have you been to RangerUp's website? Their metalwork signs are top notch - pricey but worth it IMO - got two hanging in my office.

Ranger Up American Liquid Metal Signs
Sent a pm

So. . .while the big change is still on the drawing board, a problem surfaced yesterday. Initially thought i had an exhaust leak. Brought it to the exhaust shop - negative. I have a bad lifter - which really sucks b/c we were just there during the desmog/refresh.

Question - the 2f has 250K on her. No smoke, runs perfect, no other problems. Since a lifter(s) needs to be replaced, should I go ahead and do the valves, springs, lifters, etc.? Yes, I know she's going to be yanked soon - doesn't matter to me.

How far should I go?

Shane

Don't waste your money. Replace the lifter. Run it till you decide the proper course of action for your situation depending on what you have decided for the long term solutions.

Copy that thx, onur. Solidifying the final change of plans - should be finalized next week. And lucky for you, the parts I'll need are readily available!

It's good to go V8 when you want s*** to be available.

Hmm. . .true but I was specifically referring to TOYOTA parts. You know, since buying toyota parts helps our MUD community =)

How do you know you have a bad lifter?

Exhaust shop initially, then mechanic confirmed. Why. . .whacha thinking?

Not thinking anything, just wondering if it was actually removed and examined or if it's just diagnosis.

Not thinking anything, just wondering if it was actually removed and examined or if it's just diagnosis.

Just the initial diagnosis at the moment...fingers crossed!

It's just that there's other things in the line-up, camshaft -> lifter -> pushrod -> rocker arm etc.

Ok. It's time for my annual parts giveaway. A few items I will simply give to whoever needs it/them. The cherry parts - I'll do a drawing/contest.

I'll add items as I go thru things, so check back.

The parts will be free - recipient is responsible for shipping.

Word.

Been MIA for a bit - still in self preservation mode at the moment but haven't abandoned the 60 project. . .just a small hiatus.

What have I been doing?

1. Clinic schedule literally exploded. Good for bank account, bad for private time/personal projects.
2. Scooby, our beloved Doberman, was injured. C4/5 herniation with spinal core bleed. Lost motor & superficial to all 4 limbs. Brought him to Mississippi State University Vet School - where he had an emergency MRI, partial discectomy and decompression. He's coming home Sunday, 3 months of spinal cord rehab and given a good prognosis: 85% recovery (slight destabilization of rear limbs) all the way to 100% recovery. Initially was going to put the 60 on the chopping block to pay for his surgery/services. . .then my wife reminded me we have pet insurance...bullet dodged.
3. Buying the property next to us. Owner is a fellow DAV and offered me a price I couldn't pass, so gaining 5.7 additional acres of river property. River otters included.
4. Still haven't fully moved out of our old house - thus haven't sold it yet. Carrying two households is. well, a little taxing.
5. Bought a Honda Pioneer 700 - you know, to tote Scooby around and eventually help manage the property.
6. Obama's last chess move - 41F - caused me to go on a shopping spree. Bought 3 suppressors, 2 SBR's, 1 SBS, and 2 handguns for s***s & grins.

Where am I going with the 60?

1. Hybrid 60/80, staying with the LS conversion, upgraded axles/brakes/suspension. Simply decided to go for broke vs. killing myself with numerous, often repetitive, projects.
2. Still buying parts - OEM, NOS when I see them from time-to-time.
3. The valve noise was only the valves needing adjustment. Runs smooth as butter, no smoke, good acceleration, love driving it.
4. Changed the master to the FJ80 with no other changes. The mofo stops like a Miata now - perfect until the LS swap.
5. While waiting for the 60/80/LS build, going to finally finish the door cards, carpet, and hopefully dash.

That's it for now. Hope all is well with the community and talk to you guys soon-

Shane

Last edited:
Happy New Year!

Glad to hear the pooch is recovering

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom