84 FJ60 Resto, (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It seems like I do more reading than posting on Ih8mud, but I thought I might share a couple photos of my 1984 FJ60. I pulled the body this weekend with plans to complete an overall freshening (hopefully a quick one at that) in time for paint this spring.
Picture%20001.jpg

Picture%20004.jpg

Picture%20005.jpg

Picture%20007.jpg

Picture%20009.jpg

Picture%20010.jpg

Picture%20012.jpg

Picture%20013.jpg

Picture%20015.jpg

Last edited:
Basic plan is to go through and freshen everything. Current plans include AAL, new shocks, rebuild both propshafts, rebuild steering gear, knuckles, replace brake/fuel lines, reseal the SBC, and I have the TBI setup from an 89 C1500 that will be going on. Oh, and of course clean and paint frame, springs, axles, underbody, etc.

After this is all completed I should be ready for paint in the spring. :beer:

Sounds like a good project. Nice shop. Keep us posted. I enjoy the pictures.

Wow!
Nice shop, should make things just a little easier!

Keep us posted on the progress

:beer:

Nice resto.

How do you tear yourself away from such a beautiful shop?
:eek:

holy hell i'm jelous. is that your personal shop? you should be able to make quick work of her w/ a set-up like that.

Thanks for all the compliments on the shop! I built it last year and it sure makes things easier. I've spent too much time working on my back in the weather, but now I have 1100 sq.ft of heated paradise (seperate from "the wifes" garage) to work in!

The lift was a christmas present from my wife, so a frame off only makes sense, right?

The lift was a christmas present from my wife, so a frame off only makes sense, right?

holy ****

My wifes Christmas present to me(that she doesn't know she gave me) was a set of OEM Aussie mirrors....:meh:

Skinner, You the MAN!:cheers:

Quick Update

Just a quick update: another engineer I work with asked if I could put a clutch in his car this morning....Murphy's Law! So I am now working to drop the body back on the frame so that the FJ isn't tying up the lift. Before hand I decided to pull the engine, trans, transfer case, and Ranger overdrive. Couple pics:
Picture%20017.jpg

Picture%20019.jpg

Picture%20020.jpg

Picture%20022.jpg

Picture%20026.jpg

Picture%20030.jpg

I went ahead and set the body back on the frame last night and got the shop cleaned up. Sorry, no pics.

I'll be back up and running as soon as I get this clutch job off of my lift.

Anybody have any recommendations on the easiest way to clean the 24 years of grime off of the cab floor (while overhead)? I did a preliminary pressure washing on my back, however, there are still some areas of heavy build up.

What does a lift like that cost? Looking at building another garage and this thread just talked me into a lift.

They can vary widely, however, mine was a steal at $1400.

I got a chance to pull the cruiser body again tonight (bye-bye clutch job:D). I've also stripped the 350 down and have degreased as best as possible. I'm now waiting for a warmer day (25*F today) so that I can roll it outside for a good pressure washing before painting and swapping intakes.

As for the frame, I've got it stripped of bumpers, spare tire xmember, brake/fuel lines, etc., and started wire wheeling it tonight in preparation for a good coat of RustBullet. However, my wire wheel is worn out from my last project so progress was slow. And again, I'm waiting for a warmer day so that I can pressure wash.

Here are a couple pics:
Picture%20033.jpg

Picture%20035.jpg

Picture%20037.jpg

Picture%20042.jpg

Picture%20044.jpg

Picture%20050.jpg

:cheers:

Damn. Nice shop, nice progress.

Great thread, Skinner. Keep it coming!

Weekend Update.

I made a lot of progress cleaning the frame this weekend. 3 wire wheels later, I just about have the entire frame stripped (need to flip and do bottom side yet). I started this inside the garage Friday night and managed to make a HUGE mess. Luckily, it warmed up to 44 this afternoon. So, I rolled the frame outside to finish wire wheeling the front half (which gave me a chance to mop the floor). Enjoy:

Picture%20051.jpg

Picture%20053.jpg

Picture%20056.jpg

Picture%20062.jpg

I also set up a pseudo paint booth (using the FJ as a ceiling:D) to start freshening up the 350. I'll show a pic of the paint booth; but you guys will have to wait for a pic of the 350 until after it's done.

Picture%20057.jpg

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom