80 Series Tailgate Lid “For Sale Thread” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am waiting patiently and can not wait to get some of the spare junk from back into it!

Looking at the list Kevin is cutting his way through it at a steady pace. Kevin and I are just concerned at the postage cost to Europe, we will have to see if I can afford it when the time comes. I am quite handy with the tools myself and could make the same thing up but I doubt it would look as good as Kev's version so I'll wait.

regards

Dave

I'm getting there guys!
Thanks for the patience.

Really giving all the priority to the 80 list right now.
Well, all the priority that a hobby business can get, still have to do all the other normal life stuff, including the "real" job. :doh:

Just like Pavlov's dog, I'm drooling all over myself as my name gets closer and closer to the top. :bounce:

Thanks Kevin for the spiffy new tailgate. I have it installed now and the black powder coated latches are slick ;)

Just so you guys know, Pasquale is just being nice and not posting his video yet since he is having a problem with the plastic.
As he mentioned, he has a proto lid from quite awhile ago that is one of the ones my OLD plastic supplier screwed me on by deciding to start selling me the non-marine HDPE instead of the marine stuff (for the same price of course).

I'm going to get him set up with a new piece of plastic and then we can see the pretty video.
(Or he can post up and show everyone what non-marine plastic does in the sun....:rolleyes:)
:cheers:
KR
photo4.JPG
photo1.JPG
photo2.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Kevin, can you PM me some pricing info? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!

Ohhh, pretty black latches. :p
Glad that worked out for you, so far you're the only one vain enough to go for the PC option. (other than myself...... :rolleyes:)

And thanks for posting the link! You guys have this covered here so I'll go back out to the shop, getting another big batch of 80 frames ready to go to the powder coater.
:cheers:
KR

I am anxious and awaiting! I think you should just not eat or sleep and make enough these to go around before you take a rest!

Your list at the beginning is confusing, are all the passes mean those people aren't getting them? I dont really no where I am on that list. All I do know is I am excited for it!

Your list at the beginning is confusing, are all the passes mean those people aren't getting them? I dont really no where I am on that list. All I do know is I am excited for it!

Not really worried where I am on the list as I am a very patient kind of guy, my only concern is the shipping company might try to rip me a new arse when sorting out the cost to Spain :frown:

regards

Dave

Yup, a lot of the 80 guys have passed on the lids, most of those names at the beginning were on there before there was even an 80 series lid, so it's more than understandable.
The "pass"marks are just that, a pass.
The good news is that you are only about 14 down from the top.

I would like to be added to the list please. :D
Ah, gotcha.

Not really worried where I am on the list as I am a very patient kind of guy, my only concern is the shipping company might try to rip me a new arse when sorting out the cost to Spain :frown:

regards

Dave
No kidding, very few international sales have worked out for that very reason.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom