Registry 80 Series Registry (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 1996 LX450
245xxx miles
3 inch ome heavy coils
315 Falcon AT's
Nitro 5.29 gears
Factory locked
Home made bumpers and sliders
Snorkel
Stock rack removed and bed lined roof
Warn winch
Have my 4.8 and 4l60 for engine swap but still gathering parts.

20160320_145608.jpg

20160320_145645.jpg

1992 FJ80
"Layla"
Fully stock, no mods
She's our adventure rig for mountain biking, camping, and hiking trips

I bought Layla, my first Cruiser, July 2015. Most $$$ has been spent on necessities. We still have some things to address, but we're off to a good start. Meet my girl...

image.jpg

1. Year and model: 1996 Lexus LX450
2. Owner: Jeff
4. Mileage: 242,000
5. Mods...if any: Mostly stock. Added an Old Man Emu steering stabilizer.
6. How the truck is used: Daily driver and off road trips through Arizona.

1993 Fully Locked F/R, bone stock for now
Brian "OlyWaFJ"
No name for the rig yet, just picked it up tonight
176k miles, one "grandpa's car" owner, leather interior 9.9/10, only serviced at dealership for the last 23 years
Planned Mods: Slee short bus front bumper, CDL Switch, MetalTech sliders, OME Heavy 2" suspension, 33" BFG KO2's
Will be using it for Thurston County Sheriff's Jeep Patrol (Mobile 4x4 Search & Rescue unit) and overlanding in the PacNW.
image1-6.JPG

1995 Land Cruiser Green
Aaron
218K miles
Planned mods: OME 2" lift kit, upgraded head/tail lights, TRD wheels with LC appropriate tires
Also have a power steering leak I need to deal with first.

IMG_20150717_184132700.jpg

91 fj80
Arnold & Pam
Battleship II
179,XXX
Flairs removed, front & rear bumpers removed, 3rd seat removed, 33" tires all by PO. Have not started on any mods myself yet.
Will be using for hunting and snow runs, maybe getting into some longer trips with it.

Have had some issues with it since I first got it and I am slowly becoming a cruiser mechanic, this is a great forum to help figure out problems. I am also a converted Cherokee guy used them for hunting and snow runs for years.

1. 1997 FZJ80 - 40th edition
2. Grady
3. Bernadette the Bruiser Cruiser (first thing that came to mind, i have no idea)
4. 161,xxx
5. Previous owner - Slee front bumper, slee 6" suspension, 37"/12.5 R17 BFG KM2s, engo 10k winch, metaltech sliders, scanguage2, and redone interior leather. The previous owner(s) did a fantastic job setting it up.
I'll soon be installing some little stuff (cup holders, lock box, seat/carpet protective mats, speaker covers, fixing passenger door gears w/ gamviti kit, fixing shakey mirror, fixing slow seat belt, re-keying back door to other key type), and
some planned big upgrades (baja low pro roof rack, rear bumper with towing receiver and likely single swing out for spare 37" and hi-lift, slee headlight and auxiliary harness upgrades and install their 14" LED bar on slee short bus front bumper, mod and install a uniden 520xl CB in the ashtray, and probably put some sort of tool storage in the engine bay.. either 2nd battery style or an ammo can). Eventual - put in a tailgate storage thinger from wagon gear.
6. I sold my f150 and will use this as my daily driver, plus for trips out to Guadaloupe mountains, big bend, and wherever else i can find some offroad trails to learn how to drive better than the usual redneck mudder.

mygirls-cruiser.jpg

1) 1991 FJ80
2) Zach
3) not named so far
4) 166,xxx
5) It seems pretty stock. Previous owner had it painted a couple years ago and it looks pretty decent. Registered in the Dallas, TX area until 1997, and it has been registered in New Mexico ever since, so it is pretty rust free. It is one of those early 91's that didn't have fender flares, roof rack, speakers in the front door, and it still has the OEM 15x6 steel wheels.
6) Weekender / vacation / hobby rig. I plan on using this is an exploration and trail rig in the Southwest U.S.. Weekend to two week long trips, maybe longer than that some day.

I joined the form within the last month (this is my first post), although I have been visiting it as a guest for a few years. I am typically a lurker, but I want to turn that around. This is my first TLC, and I just bought it a couple weeks ago. I like 40, 60, and 80 series cruisers. I was leaning toward a 60 series, but checked out this '91 FJ80 and couldn't pass it up! The seller had me take it off road about 1.0 mile into the test drive. I had a big stupid grin on my face, and it was all over. I have a friend with a '92 (Jake The Snake) too, so I figure I can get some solid advice from him also, and maybe convoy around the area.

Mechanically, it seems to be in pretty good shape. There are some maintenance records. I am currently base lining it per the factory maintenance schedule, and advice found on this site. I hope to have that wrapped up in the next 1-2 months (knock on wood).

Immediate mods I would like to get done by early summer include new tires (33" equivalent - probably 285 75 R16), 16x8 wheels, OME 2.5" suspension, sliders, and a functional stereo. Maybe in a year or two I would like to add a rear locker, rear bumper with tire carrier, and a roof rack with an awning.

91Cruiser.jpg

1) 1997 Lexus LX450
2) Brian
3) None yet, probably an old lady name, Mary Beth, Sue Anne, something you'd see on the back of a boat.
4) 169,000
5) OME 2.5" lift heavy springs w/ shocks and stabilizer. ARB Front, no rear yet. Deflared that bitch, monstalined. Rims are spray painted. Plan on stickers galore on rear side windows.
6) She's my Daily Driver.

IMG_20160403_185527206.jpg

upload_2016-4-9_10-35-8.png

1. 1997 FZJ80
2. Todd
3. Bruiser
4. 198,000
5. Still mostly stock. Changed fluids / filters / belts / hoses (including PHH) / rebuilt knuckles / axle seals / wheel bearings. Minor mods so
far - CDL switch, Blue Fan Clutch, Wit's End APU. Got a Scout Lock Box on order. Tires and OME suspension next on the list.
6. Mixed road / light trail for now.

I am lucky to have Onur and ACC near by.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
1997 Fzj80
Tony
Not named
Stock with the exception of the CDL switch, front mud flaps, I will be removing the luggage rack, and I'll be adding 285/75/16....all required services are up to date.
It will only be a cruiser.

1991 HDJ80 Sahara
Brendon
Just shy of 500,000km on the clock
Since owning the car i have done many many things to it. I started out by fixing every single leak on the car and all fluids. So far i have replaced the following:
All wheel bearings
Axle seals
Front damper
Big end bearings (Where i found the engine had an undersized crank which points to a rebuild)

Valve lash adjustment

Timing belt
Water pump
Injectors

Rebuilt power steering pump
Flushed and filled cooling system with Toyota red
New thermostat
Intake gaskets
All bushes (radius, trailing arm, Sway bars ect)
Compression test as well as a leak down test to check for valve seats and head gasket (500-505psi on all cylinders which indicates a rebuild not long ago at all)

Plenty more little things like wiring and stuff.

Mods:
Marks4wdAdaptors Part time transfer kit
IMAG0556_zps5etx97dm.jpg
IMAG0556_zps5etx97dm.jpg

3" Straight through exhaust system

MHM Fab sliders

4" stainless snorkel and 3" stainless intake

HPD top mount cooler

EGT Gauge and Electronic boost controller

Redarc Oil Pressure/water temp combo gauge with optional sensor hooked up to intake air temp

4" lift, 35's

Runva 11xp Winch

Gturbo Grunter extreme

image.jpeg
Sold my hundy picked this old girl up about 3 weeks
1996 LX450
260 xxx miles
No lift yet
285 75 16 BFG KO 2's

Just taking care of all the PM for now.. Rebuilt passenger side knuckle replaced the valve cover seal.. Trying to put a lift together for as inexpensive as possible.

Last edited:
1991 FJ80
Mahlon
Badger
242xxx
No mods yet, but bumpers and OME lift are on the short list.
Will be used for exploring, camping and wheeling.

image.jpeg

1992 FJ80
"Layla"
Fully stock, no mods
She's our adventure rig for mountain biking, camping, and hiking trips

I bought Layla, my first Cruiser, July 2015. Most $$$ has been spent on necessities. We still have some things to address, but we're off to a good start. Meet my girl...

View attachment 1231331

Nice rig!! Im fairly close to ya in knoxville.

1) 1997 LX450 w/ factory f/r e-lockers
2) Brendan
3) T-Rexus / Rexy
4) 180k kms
5) Front: OME-418 (COMP) / 60070L & Rear: OME-863J / 60071L, 315/75R16 Toyo Open Country M/T on rims I have yet to identify. No caster correction was done for the 4"+ lift on it, so it is currently very scary to drive at hi-way speed. I currently have 2.5" OME springs ordered as well as a 3" drop brackets and 30mm front coil spacers on their way from MAF. Doing heavy duty Drag link and tie rod from Slee as well. I plan on adding an ARB front bumper, sliders and a RT tent as well. The major question that remains for me after this is whether to re-gear for the 35s or go to a 33" tire.
6) Family expedition / exploration and camping rig.

RRCwBz-waoAunI_0J6c9rMz2d2RuugKZWv3ORNFXMTSq3vThqeT76V_ZstRhPodyFpHMyzxJ7aFj_oIkrQDK7hGuqaHRHht6iCEzsB4pzfY2kdINMPvxGEylkY0GrKkckJ6ckmfHV7oP5TAcZ9N_gH6jsqQrH2TwZFMuXxfQI5UMCmqhRc87onKTct_KkxO0W7hPMy0QWQ_JpoYAQQNuAQt40cs-cPMpBGzdJkEMyPP8CruzzmqIapScWzL97WMnz7zt-fI4HWsD0mPx1ZoMwTPyfEQzBNhF1H8wwSuykUl5np-kWJJLZUjDDhZZHXy3ezTIdPAshUA7ld_qYiKdqOA58ZiiRgR-HGgwzZEtkURfnD3eV59xRVSqnHuL3ZlKcO1Kf72whv4dt9x-Gfu75R2D9shqJt0-0KXumqX9YAftj7tswVvydnb6y5Njj2mwLs-mJYy1pBQ4IPoh75RGoZRs1bwmVsJM6myA3Up8wcxOp3Gw9VF_0NtaL1vbA-yGsDKsXPXmKs6Y3DSXubOevSWXBOQrIlLcGOgVY7bEGyDRxVws7V5b_Jbcy2Xu3VtOm-dZ=w886-h664-no

I was pondering the idea of having something for the 80 series guys, and hijacking the idea from the 100's and 60's about a registery or picture album in the sticky section. So...here goes, hopefully we'll get it moved to the sticky.

1. Year and model 1996 Land cruiser 4.2 Diesel
2. Name of owner Adrian Danny Subbiah
3. Name of rig
4. Mileage 303121 kms
5. Mods...if any; upgraded suspension with OME, upgraded front and rear bumpers.
6. How the truck is used: over land only
7. Photo. again...small to save space :)

Yeah... if you look in the 60 registery, there is nothing really different between the two, but might as well give us something to do with our endless nights on Mud. Haha

This is not anything like the ROTW, this is for everyone and anyone who wants to show us their rig. Feel free to. That's why its here. Well...now anyway's.

1993 FZJ80 Factory Locked
J.W.
Not named
Slee 4", 315/75r16's, White Knuckle sliders (ordered), front brush guard removed, CDL switch added
Daily Driver weekend wheeler

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom