80 Series General Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So went out today to start one of the trucks and it laughed at me. All the standard pre-flight lights came on, all the beeps and such, but turn the key and nada. Not even a click. Check the battery, it shows 12.6v, And is only about 6 weeks old so I believe it is good. I drove the truck right at 2 weeks ago and all went well, go out today and nothing. Thinking I may have blown a fusable link, but not 100% sure. I think I have a spare set around, but gonna get a set on the way. Aside from that, any other pointers on where to start? 92 3FE rig.

Pull the starter and get it tested.

Sounds like exactly what happened to mine. Which mine was the alarm but I removed the alarm and had intermittent starter issues. Replaced starter and worked perfect. Give the starter a few good wacks before you go through the trouble of taking it off.

Saw that one. Wouldn't be hard to un-rice it.

ISO stock transfer case for '91 80-series.

The closer to Memphis, the better.

A440F?

If so sounds like a deal!

Will you be at SCC?

I thought this was the Shush catfish account.

You mean the umbrella thread was real?

Hell yes it was for real...

I figured it would turn into a flame fest, so I was prepared :D

I just hardly use my Mud account so I'm pretty well incognito most of the time here.

I thought this was the Shush catfish account.

You mean the umbrella thread was real?

It wasnt me i just enjoyed contributing.

Just a quick heads-up:

My 80-series will be for sale soon. It has been owned by @Bossman and driven by @Land Speeder , so really what more do you need?!

Specs:
- '93 Forest Green - 256k on clock, has "lower miles" engine, I believe
- 4.88 gears w/ factory elockers
- Longfield birfs with stock inners
- ARP hub studs front and rear (rear have 0 miles on them - installed last night)
- new spindle axle seals installed in rear (8/23)
- AISIN lockouts on front w/ gold 60-series dial faces (big deal, right...)
- heavy-duty drag-link
- ARP knuckle studs
- 1 1/2" Spidertrax spacers
- roughly 4" lift rear, 4" lift front with 2" budget-block spacers
- ARB front bumper in rough shape
- tubular rock sliders welded to scab plates on frame
- exhaust routed inside framerails, catalytic converters eliminated
- replaced lower rear links with unmolested factory units (8/23)
- have a set of Trail-Gear transfer case crawler gears that will go with it, extra rear driveshaft, front axle gaskets, Marlin Eco seals, other seals
- comes with factory doors with working electric Windows and lift hatch
- will come with 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs on 17" Sequoia alloys

The Bad:
- body has dents and dings, in particular rear lower quarter panels
- rear pinion seal weeps
- could use new rotors and pads on most corners - still work fine, though - I would remove ABS system at that time, too
- electric seats no longer adjust - fixed position
- couple of broken wheel studs - will try to replace before it sells
- passenger Birf occasional clicks - had driver rebuilt by RCV when I bought the Cruiser two and a half years ago for ~$100 shipped, and it's smooth
- rear windows have been removed
- center diff lock permanently locked in, but to has lockouts - drive flanges included if you want them.
- sunroof is non-functional
- has radio, but blew a fuse or something when passenger visor was taken out forcefully

This has been an absolute blast to wheel and taught me a lot about the dynamics of wheeling. I ran 36" Swampers, 35" short-course Maxxis stickies, 37" Trep non-sticky, and 37" Trep stickies on it. The Cruiser has been a proving ground for my many theories of off-roading design and equipment. Only left me stranded once due to a broken sector shaft. Box was replaced on the trail with the help of many from CottonLand Crew (thanks again, all!).

The Cruiser is a perfect platform for another Half-Ass or Sandy "Dat Ass". I had high hopes of finding the time to chop it up, but that hasn't happened and won't any time soon. Been building a house with my wife, and that has consumed my life the past eternity (it seems), and the land we have built on will continue to require a lot of my time. All that to say it time for it to find a new home. Could be road-worthy, and I've driven it for a few miles on asphalt at a time, but I think it really is best suited as a trail rig.

In Hot Springs
Asking $4250
Call, text, PM, smoke signals, whatever - 501.262.8018c.

Last edited:
1. EVAC AC system
2. Remove Driverside Turn Signal
3. Remove lines from Drier (10mm)
4. Unbolt drier bracket from fender.
5. Remove drier and bracket
6. Loosten pinch bolt from drier mount
7. Slide drier out and replace with new drier and o-rings.
8. After installation is complete, vaccume system and recharge. Check for leaks.

1. EVAC AC system
2. Remove Driverside Turn Signal
3. Remove lines from Drier (10mm)
4. Unbolt drier bracket from fender.
5. Remove drier and bracket
6. Loosten pinch bolt from drier mount
7. Slide drier out and replace with new drier and o-rings.
8. After installation is complete, vaccume system and recharge. Check for leaks.
Or, generally something like that........:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom