80 Projects & Info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If the tire issue doesn't resolve it try taking off the front DS and lock the center diff and drive it and see if it solves your issue.

I've been driving around all week like this, for the same reason. I had a bad vibration in that speed area, and when I got under truck to look at DS, I could see the Ujoint was shot. Will be replacing Saturday morning.

BTW, is there supposed to be such a HUGE difference in acceleration(both from a stop and while already moving)? It's like a whole different vehicle without the front DS connected!!!

I've been driving around all week like this, for the same reason. I had a bad vibration in that speed area, and when I got under truck to look at DS, I could see the Ujoint was shot. Will be replacing Saturday morning.

BTW, is there supposed to be such a HUGE difference in acceleration(both from a stop and while already moving)? It's like a whole different vehicle without the front DS connected!!!

Glad to hear you found it, its been so long since I drove it like that I don't honestly remember if it was any different bud. I drove it a few days like that and when I was sure that was my culprit I ordered the Slee shaft. I started to find another shaft and try to get Renee at Driveline USA to piece me together what I needed but for time and ease I just ordered SLEE's it bolted right up and cured ALL my driveline issues. It was echoeing through the shaft into the driveline.

I'm going through the same on my Chevy. I'm changing the 60 lbs brake drums brake the wheels didn't do it. I don't know what's next...

eye C a 200 in your future :)

I'm going through the same on my Chevy. I'm changing the 60 lbs brake drums brake the wheels didn't do it. I don't know what's next...

Ugh lets not talk about Chevy right now... I'm just under 5600 in replacement parts and aggravation on a 2010 Silverado in a little over a year and a half.

Well, it wasn't the tires. I'll be dropping the front drive shaft tomorrow hopefully.

Sorry to hear but I think you'll find ur culprit

Last edited:
Ugh lets not talk about Chevy right now... I'm just under 5600 in replacement parts and aggravation on a 2010 Silverado in a little over a year and a half.

Ouch, hope you got it taken care of :(

I brought the truck to the dealer as one of our members is a service manager there and they put it on the lift and said they recommend I replace the entire rear drive shaft since the cap is cracked on one of the joints and the hole could be wallered out now. Anyone have a rear drive shaft for a 97 FZJ80 or LX450 they can part with? Anyone know if the 80 at the PAP still has the rear d-shaft?

I brought the truck to the dealer as one of our members is a service manager there and they put it on the lift and said they recommend I replace the entire rear drive shaft since the cap is cracked on one of the joints and the hole could be wallered out now. Anyone have a rear drive shaft for a 97 FZJ80 or LX450 they can part with? Anyone know if the 80 at the PAP still has the rear d-shaft?

Bum deal sorry to hear it. I never made it to PAP to check out that cruiser but can go look for you tomorrow. Don't know of another.

Doesn't Cody have a parts truck? If not, if you could go look I would really appreciate it. One of the CLC guys said JRob is supposed to have a parts truck as well. I am waiting to hear from him on that though.

no not really the chassis is Scott`s

dude just replace the fn u joints seriously doubt you are into the yoke!
& that win`t no joke :)

whats up with the 2010 chevy? I had an 08 and loved it, just wanted an 80 more. LOL

Doesn't Cody have a parts truck? If not, if you could go look I would really appreciate it. One of the CLC guys said JRob is supposed to have a parts truck as well. I am waiting to hear from him on that though.

Gotcha, Scott's parts rig is a 94 that Cody is parting out but Scott is keeping the chassis for a 80/40 build. I'm sure he would help you out with it if needed as long as you replaced it with similar :)

Mike, I bought one for under $150 delivered from cruiser yard after mine twisted up a couple years ago.

They've got one right now... 80 Series Rear Driveshaft, 93-97

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom