craigslist '78 FJ40 - $8600 Michigan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not mine - went out and took a look at this tonight bc I am in the market and this is in the area. Hoping I am correct in my judgement that the asking price is quite a bit high. Am I right??

Craigslist Link: 1978 toyota land cruiser

The good:
1 owner vehicle
~55k original miles
desirable model year
mostly stock
rust protection junk on underbody
decent paint
excellent jump seats
interior overall good shape
runs (if a bit rough)
new tires, wheel bearings, shocks, brakes (2-3 years old)
original spare wheel / tire with hubcap

The bad:
small rust patches (see pics)
rust protection junk on underbody
?chevy? carb added to 2f engine - looks like a bit of a mess in there due to carb transplant
gages not working
diamond plate bed
not regularly driven for years
needs new exhaust
needs proportioner
belts look loose
no mirrors
no headliner

massive image gallery: Free Photo Hosting provided by Use.com

Some select images:

Last edited:
Thx for the feedback. Personally I am more looking for something like partially restored, or a solid restoration candidate, not something more modified for wheeling.

I did not drive it - I would before I would buy, but I am not to that stage yet...

The air filter is in the back of the truck - im guessing the guy never put it on after he put the non-stock carb on the truck. I don't have a clue it it would even fit with that carb, and on top of that it looked like there were a lot of left over hoses, and other carb related things just hanging around in the engine bay - a bit scary to me seeing as my mechanical experience is very limited.

I am planning to do SOME work on whatever truck I do get, but sheetmetal + that engine bay work is probably too much for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom