1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

76' DISC AXLE PARTS

Discussion in 'For Sale - Parts' started by BUCKSHOT70, May 14, 2003.

1. BUCKSHOT70

BUCKSHOT70

I HAVE A EMPTY AXLE, KNUCKLE, BRAKE ROTORS AND CALIPERS, BOOSTER AND OTHER AXLE PARTS.

2. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew SILVER Star

Re: AXLE SHAFTS WITH BIRFEILDS MISC BRAKE PARTS

Exactly what year are they from? I may be interested if 76-78. Those year have the oddball disc brake long birfield. Thanks

3. BUCKSHOT70

BUCKSHOT70

THE FELLOW I BOUGHT THE RIG FROM SAYS 76'. BUT THEY WERE IN A BOX WITH NO RECIEPT SO DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE LENGTH DIFFERENCE IS? OR CAN WE TELL BY THE #'S ON THE BIRFEILDS?

4. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew SILVER Star

Could you measure the length of the birfield from the tip if the axle to the end of the bell? I Have a 60 series birfield that I measured that is just a bit shorter than than the '76. Unfortunately, my '76 birfield are in the truck and would take a major amount of teardown to measure. Also, are the birfields you have 30 splined or 6? We may be able to figure this out. Thanks

5. BUCKSHOT70

BUCKSHOT70

It is 9 13/16 inches. Thats from the tip of the birfeild axle to the end of the bell where it attaches to the inner axle.

6. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew SILVER Star

Thanks Buckshot for measuring-these sound like they might be the ones. Why don't we take this off line to work it out? If you have a photo that would be great. I've had good success buying from Cruiser folks but obviously this is a bit of a risk for me.

My email is: andrewp at winfirst dot com but I think I have my ih8mud set so that you can email me from the board. At any rate email and we'll work this out.