70 series roof rack for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. I've got this nice roof rack that's built to clamp to the drip rails of a 70 series. I don't think I'll use it so it's up for sale. $300 obo. I might be into trading for other 4x4 stuff.

I also have the stock bumpers available.

pic:

Last edited:
My cruiser came with one too. Very well built units and I liked how sturdy the gutter clamps were. If I could get a full length one for my 77 I would.

Do you still have your RTT? If so how you gonna attach it?

Yeah it's a nice unit for sure but on a 74 with the popped fiberglass top it is pretty high to be loading anything heavy and the RTT would be ridiculously high above it.

I have been sleeping in the truck on a folding bed I built. It's working pretty well for my son and I. I have also built a boat rack that I'm still thinking about re-enforcing to take the tent but I really don't like how tall that set up is. It's limiting off-road for sure and I broke/took off my sway bar so I have to be careful on road cornering too.

A pic from this summer... cause everyone likes pics :) You can kinda see the boat rack. It's attached to the body using sandwich plates.

Advertise the rack so NA can see the ad. I had one too and sold it to Washington pretty quickly.

Nice pic, is that silveride?

Hi,
If it's avaliable...what size is it and would it mount on a high-roof hj61?
thanks

It is available. I'm pretty sure it would fit over a high-roof as the 74 I have is also a high-roof style. I'm also pretty sure it will work on the drip rails also. I've seen pictures of the same style rack on 60's.

The question is size: how much wider the 60's roof is.

The basket is about 62" x 47"

from mount to mount (drip rail to drip rail) it is set up at 54"

The whole rack is modular and could be changed up which I estimate would work with up to 58" width.

That's nuts and bolts - beyond that fabrication would be required.

Thanks, i'll check the width from gutter rail to rail and confirm with you. I'm in Osoyoos just before going up anarchist mtn .

Hi,
sorry for the delayed response ,
i measured my roof from gutter rail to rail and its also 54''wide , looks like it will fit.
the picture of the basket in your previos post shows one rail across the roof line but the other ones go to the back rail? can the back rail also go across the roof ?
where abouts are you located....i'm in osoyoos .
thanks

Yes it is set up with 1 cross bar and two bars mounting to the back for a total of 4 mounting points. I'm sure you could change the mounting points up for 2 cross bars but if you have a drip rail on the back it is a good set up; Climb on the back bumper for access.

I'm in Kelowna. If you are interested feel free to PM me. I can get some better pictures too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom