650,OOOkms and counting. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I dont know why? But I have been just fixated on this truck. I will probably cut the rockers off too and cap those.

whoa! looks like there was some nice stuff in there haha. better lose that bumper its gonna get in yer way! hey i might need to copy your template for that lower quarter chop lol mine was so smashed im not sure how wide it was supposed to be

I will save both templates for you, might get it done today if those dark rain clouds go away.

Went and picked up 300 liters of furnace oil. Got it from a guy for 80 bucks. Not bad a 25c a liter.

Then I managed to cap one of the quarters. I got myself a ballpean hammer and a beer box and and gently tapped the beer box onto the bottom of the quarter and voila! .35 wire ain't the best for body work. But i don't have any .25 so what the hell eh!

DSC03908.JPG

DSC03909.JPG

DSC03911.JPG

DSC03912.JPG

DSC03913.JPG

Maybe? DO you have any extra 2x4 steel?

Thanks!

Working my way out of the corner. Driver side rear body mount fix.

DSC03914.JPG

DSC03918.JPG

DSC03919.JPG

DSC03920.JPG

Sweet !! Try to get some primer in there before you close it up. just gets better one patch at a time!

Went to can tire and got me some galvanized paint like you. told me to. Done and done.

Both driver side rear body mounts finished. I dont need it to be pretty, just bash-able.

The inner quarter was hanging by a thread. I made a template out of a beer box and did my usual thing. This one went together with a bunch of spot welds. It was actually worse than the driver side. I will cap the bottom tomorrow. There was a 1/4 inch of bondo on this quarter. It looks like there was a small collision a few decades ago.

Bottom picture is my body mount restore. I forgot do cantilever the quarter circle out. Meh! shouldn't matter much. Inch by inch I will conquer this.

DSC03922.JPG

DSC03923.JPG

DSC03924.JPG

DSC03925.JPG

I still have some body work to do but at least its 95% rust free in the rear quarter now. I capped the bottom and started working my way forward. The two wheel wells look they will have to be replaced but I am concentrating on structural. Frame and body mounts.

Last picture is the next on the list. Its a nasty one but I'll conquer it.

DSC03926.JPG

DSC03927.JPG

DSC03929.JPG

DSC03930.JPG

Some old fiber glass from someones old band aid fix. People should not work on cruisers that don't own a welder. Just cause you own a welder doesn't mean you should be welding either. Lol.

Friggen awesome work. Good hands. Excuse my possibly silly question, but beer box? Do you mean you use the cardboard pushed up into the space your looking to make a template? If so, brilliant. Clearly you have skills in the arts. And just gotta say I'd be tunnel visioned on a truck with an odometer that read those digits too. Very cool.

Friggen awesome work. Good hands. Excuse my possibly silly question, but beer box? Do you mean you use the cardboard pushed up into the space your looking to make a template? If so, brilliant. Clearly you have skills in the arts. And just gotta say I'd be tunnel visioned on a truck with an odometer that read those digits too. Very cool.

Yes, you got it, the beer box template works great! I make so many beer box templates sometimes I have to go buy beer just to make a template.

I usually use a ball peen hammer to tap the beer box over the surface i am looking at. Sometimes you can cut out the template just by tapping the beer box firmly with the hammer.

Yes, you got it, the beer box template works great! I make so many beer box templates sometimes I have to go buy beer just to make a template.
Oh man, the torture! I'd bet liquor stores would just hand you a pile of boxes... ya, know if you don't really want to drink beer. :)

I usually use a ball peen hammer to tap the beer box over the surface i am looking at. Sometimes you can cut out the template just by tapping the beer box firmly with the hammer.
I get it. Fellow artist/crafter here. I totally understand the logic of the template. I did it for making a template of my crown molding in my living room.

MAybe its just an excuse to go buy a case of beer. hahahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom