1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

62 drive train in a 40

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Gumby, May 24, 2003.

1. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

I'm just about fed up with my 350. Will a 62 drivetrain - 3fe/auto/xfer/axles fit in a 40 or is it too long? I realize I will gain width. It'd be worth it for the fine spline, gussetted axles with front discs. I'm also having turning radius issues with 35s.

2. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    outta fit with reversed rear springs...don't forget you need to outset the front springs too since the 60 axles are ~3" wider and the passenger spring aligns ON the pumpkin.

3. Chef

Chef

I think it'd work ok, with a huge loss in power:) There's several guys on the por running 60 axles, go there for how to. Definatley gonna have to reverse rear springs to driveline length...there's gonna be a lot of wiring to do to get compter up and running on the 3fe...What's your 350 doing wrong? It's gonna be waaaay easier to fix that...

4. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

I'm thinking I might just put in the axles and transfer case. I won't have problems with the leaf springs on the front 'cause there ain't any on my junk. :D

The questions now center around what years trans I have to use.