60 build for Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow! Can't wait to see this in Moab, which trails are you running? I'd be nervous to crunch anything after all that work. It will be nice to see more 60's, last year it felt like most of the rigs at CM were 80's (NTTAWWT) :)

I'm doing Cliff Hanger on thursday, Hells Revenge on friday and sleeping in on saturday... I've never been on these trails I hope they're not too nasty for my freshly buffed and waxed 60:D

Last edited:
This is my neighbor taking a picture w/ his cell phone. I can't thank him enough, he was there everyday helping me, pushing me and encouraging me and I couldn't have done it, especially so soon without him. Thanks Chuck
DSC04714.jpg

Before undercoating the body we had to notch this part for driveline clearance

DSC04675.jpg

undercoated the under side.

DSC04678.jpg
DSC04714.jpg
DSC04675.jpg
DSC04678.jpg

Last edited:
Whats with the big rock, concrete lookin thing on the left hand slider?

MagnaFlow muffler
DSC04718.jpg

Putting the chassis back under the body, it was so close we took the front wheels off to clear.

DSC04721.jpg

Put the big tires back on and lowered it on

DSC04723.jpg
DSC04718.jpg
DSC04721.jpg
DSC04723.jpg

looks great! now we just need a picture of it together! :beer:

Wow, this is such an impressive build! Your garage/shop isn't too shabby either! ;)

Thanks for sharing this with us!

This is my neighbor taking a picture w/ his cell phone. I can't thank him enough, he was there everyday helping me, pushing me and encouraging me and I couldn't have done it, especially so soon without him. Thanks Chuck

It is always great to have some one around to keep you motivated whether they are just a tool monkey, or tons of help.

Awesome 60, i can only hope mine will make it to that level some day...
:cheers:

dont make us beg this project is unreal! more pics!

Are you running the full series of GM sensors? What wiring harness and did you need to have some PCM programming done. What radiator are you using?

The Eagle has landed.
DSC04726.jpg

Its mid Feb. now and I'm considering taking the 40 to Moab. My list of things to do before Moab is changing, some things will have to wait. The roll cage, interior, roof rack and all other unnecessary things are off.
Skid plate is necessary.

DSC04726.jpg
DSC04814.jpg
DSC04817.jpg

Are you running the full series of GM sensors? What wiring harness and did you need to have some PCM programming done. What radiator are you using?

All the sensors are being used, except the rear O2 sensors were removed.
Hotwire Auto built the harness and programmed the computers.

Its a Ron Davis Radiator. Ron Davis is here in AZ and they already have all the specs. to build an fj60 rad. for an ls1 or vortec.

I only covered the highlights of the project, so if anybody has a specific question I'll be happy to answer it and post up a pic if I have one. I din't think I'd have this much interest considering all the awsome buildups on this website.

I made this adapter to mount the electronic gas pedal to the stock location.
DSC04755.jpg

Modified the trans. cover
DSC04764.jpg

Shifter arrangement
DSC04832.jpg
DSC04755.jpg
DSC04764.jpg
DSC04832.jpg

After cutting out all the wires and crap it didn't need and tying into the new stuff, this is what it looks like under the hood. I didn't take any pictures of the air filter box being made but you can see it here. Chuck did a great job of cutting all the peices to fit just right and then I welded it together with a lid and latches.

DSC04829.jpg

Got a new license plate

DSC04826.jpg

Parking brake sw. Almost done

DSC04834.jpg
DSC04829.jpg
DSC04826.jpg
DSC04834.jpg

Last edited:
The pictures got scarce towards the end and I only went out in the desert to try out everything one time and didnt bring a camera.
After buffing out the old paint and putting a coat of wax on her these are the finished pitures.

DSC04779.jpg

DSC04790.jpg

DSC04776.jpg
DSC04779.jpg
DSC04790.jpg
DSC04776.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom