60 build for Moab (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:frown: I don't like it... :crybaby: there isn't a drooling smiley to go along with this thread. I'm drooling like homer simpson thinking of donuts. beautiful rig, can't wait to see the rest of your build when you post it.

After the bedliner material was applied we could start on the sliders and quarter panel guards.
I used 2x4 .188 wall rec. tube for the main rail, angled and capped the ends and spaced it 1/2" under the cut rockers. We fish plated the frame w/ 1/4" plate and made 4 runners from 2x2 .250 wall sq. tube and heavily tacked them in while holding the main rail in place w/ a jack.
At this point I planned on finishing all the welds after I take the body off to paint the frame.

DSC03459.jpg

I bent up some 1.75" DOM tube for sliders and tacked them on.
I'll put some short cross tubes in when the body is off.

DSC03473.jpg

DSC03460.jpg
DSC03459.jpg
DSC03460.jpg
DSC03473.jpg

Last edited:
DSC03463.jpg
DSC03464.jpg

This is my other helper.

Starting on the quarter panel guards/sliders. Same basic design, 2x4 main but 1 1/2" tube for the guard. Coming up w/ a design I liked was difficult but not as hard as making two that matched on opposite sides

DSC03477.jpg
DSC03463.jpg
DSC03464.jpg
DSC03477.jpg

I planned on building a roll cage internally and wanted to tie it into the frame. So before I could take the body off I had to come up with something. I had an extra 2 sets of AA motor mounts So I came up with this tie in and plates to weld the cage onto in 4 points. The cage tube will weld over the 5/8" center bolt.

Then The body came off. The plan is to under coat the body while it is off
DSC04597.jpg
DSC04600.jpg
DSC04611.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments, I really appreciate that. I should have done this thread while I was building it, would've been easier that way and probably more detailed. I just didn't have a spare moment, I had to be ready for Moab and this was at the end of Jan. I just wanted to get to the point of final assembly, at this point I'm still taking it apart. I still had all the elec., wiring harness, fuel system, shifters, brakes, plumbing, exhaust, interior, stereo, GPS.........:bang:

looks like you got quite the set up and I love that AZ sunset! great work,.

I don't know how you are going to be able to go beat that thing on the rocks at Moab. Maybe there is something wrong with me, but I could just not force myself to do it if I had put all that money, love and sweat into it. You are raising the bar way up there man.

Awesome. I'm loving the choice in transfer case.

What were the lengths on the alcan springs?

Awesome. I'm loving the choice in transfer case.

What were the lengths on the alcan springs?

I wasn't sure about the transfer case at first but I really like it now. And it came with land cruiser flanges. The only down side is I don't have room for an e-brake so I'm doing a Mico line lock on the front brakes

Springs- The front are 49" and the rear are 54".

Atlas T-Case and Alcon springs..... very very :grinpimp:

Love the quarter protection as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom