1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6.2 GM diesel in a 40?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by ScottFJ40, Apr 22, 2003.

1. ScottFJ40

ScottFJ40

Has this conversion been done? I have an oppurtunity to get a complete, in good condition k5, with no title. Would this be a good candidate for an eventual swap, or would it be just another vehicle in my yard for my Wife to yell at me about. :D

2. mixmaster

mixmaster

I am currently doing that swap into my 40. I have my whole drivetrain in, just waiting for the body to go on and then  I can start wiring it. I am going sm465, 3speed and 4.11 for now. I think the advantages of it are good torque, decent fuel mileage, low RPMs and especially fuel injection. The old 5.7 L "diesel" was crap, but the 6.2 is pretty decent. Most people say they are crap, but they are usually comparing them to strokers and cummins. I think that the 6.2 will be awesome for wheeling.

3. axlechassis

axlechassis

I like the idea of the 6.2 conversion too.
    check out www.geocities.com/baja/3480/diesel.htm
    www.brunswickdiesels.com.au
    and I think there is an additional link in the techlink area of this site. The brunswick guys have done a normaly aspirated 6.5. I'd like to find someone whose done a turbo 6.5. I'm wondering if the plumbing fits.

4. ScottFJ40

ScottFJ40

Awesome, glad to see others are doing this swap, it seems to me the engine would be perfect for wheeling too.

5. Stepho

Stepho

I havent seen any in a 40 yet but my 60 is running a 6.2 and I've seen plenty of others, 80 series, 75 series, N***** GQ/GU's, etc.

Great engines, loads of torque, more power than standard and great fuel economy! :bow: :D

6. FJAfrica

FJAfrica

A mate of mine put one in his fj45, mated it to a 5 speed FJ75 gearbox. Works great offroad, and pushes the old beast to 95 MPH on the open road.

7. bodacious

bodacious

are earplugs included on highway trips for all onboard :D