4Wheel Underground 4 Link (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry I dropped off the map. Moving to England for a year so the 4Runner will have to wait a year before I get going on it. What are you doing about the fuel tank? Would a lower ride height change the link geometry?

Of course, but not in a bad way. I lower links with about 5" of lift only raise from the axle to the frame 1" in elevation. Lowering it would make it flat or slightly negative, which work very well. As for the gas tank, its coming. Im meeting with a friend that has a TIG this week end and we're going to talk about the tank. Its designed already but I need to work out the kinks.

Sweet. I will be watching intently. I dont want a really tall truck and 34s are about as big as I want to go. Also dont want to have a huge gap between the top of the tire and the wheel arch. More down travel than up wouldnt bother me at all. 37s, even 35s, are kind of overkill for what I want to do with the truck.

More more:beer:.....

Nice work, I have three cruisers in the driveway, two diesels and one trd supercharged 100.

I am on the hunt for a first gen runner hope to build it up like yours one day.

Rob

Finally back on the ground, and I got one of the other projects out of the way so now I have some side shots.
4Link 049b.JPG
4Link 050b.JPG

Impressive rig you're building. Also your knowledge and workmanship. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your knowledge and experience? Did you race at one time or just have lived and worked with suspension gurus? Very informative website, BTW. Kudos and thanks for sharing your passion on MUD for all of us laymen to drool over!:cheers:

I write for 4WD Toyota Owner. I did a suspension story on a coilover conversion from ORS when they were in business around 06'. I had problems with their kit and in the end rebuilt it about 4 or 5 times before I got the truck to handle they way I wanted it to. I noticed and documented the changes that each mod made.

Years late (2010) I ended up doing a story about the characteristics of suspension or the attributes as some call them. I was fortunate enough to be able to spend around 30 hours with a suspension engineer in order to make sure the laymen’s definitions were accurate. In doing so I learned even more. Now I know the technical as well as the laymen’s.

Because I was unsatisfied with the products on the market I ended up patterning my design.

I write for 4WD Toyota Owner. I did a suspension story on a coilover conversion from ORS when they were in business around 06'. I had problems with their kit and in the end rebuilt it about 4 or 5 times before I got the truck to handle they way I wanted it to. I noticed and documented the changes that each mod made.
I remember your Runner in one of those issues. Also remember thinking that the front end was raising up too much. Looks bad*** know!!

LOL... Cool, thanks, keeps me entertained anyhow! I think the wheelbase is sitting at about 116" or so. Everything changed around that frame with the diesel transplant, trans/t-case mount, x-members etc... Axle interference with oil pan, fuel tank now on wrong side with offset Cruiser axles...That's the way it goes i guess! If you ever get a link set-up for Cruiser axles, sign me up for a kit!
Would you have built fresh wheelwells on yours rather than splice in the old ones?? How's the wheelbase working for you so far??
Cheers!

I know that I'm not the first to say it, but that is just SICK

Hi-Lift cut into the side? What an a******

You're only an hour + from me, my son and I am gonna come check this rig out, soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom