4Skinner Re-power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, after all this talk of "Island-a-thon", "Canol rd.", and summer just around the corner, its time i do something somewhat productive with my time at home aside from just drink beer. My wheelin' rig is on the backburner, so i gotta get out wheeling with something, hence the turbo 3B transplant with 60 series axles into my 88'4Runner. It'll be a "get-a-round" towner when i'm home and a partial wheeler/camping rig. It'll have to do for now til'i get a decent 80Series donor for my 4BTA transplant.
Here's a couple pics, from today. Tore out the 22RE and IFS, got some armour on the HJ60 housing("Flyinglow"-recognize the housing??), and a spring mount built.
More to come later.
Cheers!
4Skinner.jpg
vicruisers.jpg

Lets get that 3B in that so you can drive this one. Well at least its not parked next to the 70, cause you will be hearing about it like my back yard! Avoid it if possible

what you're not doing it in the gravelly lumpy ass driveway? yer gettin soft...

never mind the 80...4BT in the CRV....:lol:

You should rattle can some mexican chrome on that diff, then you'd have the totally awesome disco ball look goin on under the front end...

what day do you plan to fire up the 3b? I'll make sure I turn my phone off....:flipoff2:

A 3b 1st gen 4runner......so cool. Love those 4runners.

Solid front as well, nice. Plans for a turbo???

Cam

Merindian: i'm trying hard to keep with you on half-started projects...LOL i'm just missing an indoor hot-tub on the lawn and a copper farm!:flipoff2:

Potato:i know where to find ya', i'll just drop a handfull of pennies in the crevices of that beer can, and watch it melt like a true cruiser...:flipoff2:

Cam, yeah i'm planning a turbo, had too many slow wagons to forgo this one.

Got the front axle finally done tonight, made up some ball gussets, steering stops and shock mounts. This thing is slowly turning into one thing after another just like most projects! The gas tank is on the pass.side, where the driveshaft goes so its gotta go. Started the engine mounts and will burn em' in once the axle/springs are in tomorrow, along with a tranny mount.

Hopefully it'll be "Land Cruiser" enough to make it out to a trail run with you guys...!?!?
:beer:

Great work with the VI Cruiser diff guard.

Great work with the VI Cruiser diff guard.
haha...yeah thought i'd put that there for kicks.

wombat: tell em to call me, i had the head machined(still wrapped from machine shop), all new gaskets, new head studs/toyota head gasket new shadbolt cam, new timing belt, new front cover, new cap/rotor/plugs etc... list goes on...
cheers!

Merindian: i'm trying hard to keep with you on half-started projects...LOL i'm just missing an indoor hot-tub on the lawn and a copper farm!:flipoff2:

Potato:i know where to find ya', i'll just drop a handfull of pennies in the crevices of that beer can, and watch it melt like a true cruiser...:flipoff2:

Cam, yeah i'm planning a turbo, had too many slow wagons to forgo this one.

Got the front axle finally done tonight, made up some ball gussets, steering stops and shock mounts. This thing is slowly turning into one thing after another just like most projects! The gas tank is on the pass.side, where the driveshaft goes so its gotta go. Started the engine mounts and will burn em' in once the axle/springs are in tomorrow, along with a tranny mount.

Hopefully it'll be "Land Cruiser" enough to make it out to a trail run with you guys...!?!?
:beer:

heh, better use old pennies...new ones are zinc or something...

and are you suggesting that solihull bodies arent built to exacting standards? I'll have you know, there's hardly any gaps you can fit more than one finger in...:lol:

what are you going to do for a tank? put something back where the spare tire was, or just switch sides?
I stuck a cherokee tank in the back of mine, fits ok ( and was free...), but the fuel sender doesn't jive with the toyota guage. reads full when it's empty...

I need to work out a temporary fuel guage setup, and maybe build a big aluminum fuel cell for it later on when I feel like breathing some aluminum fumes for a day or two.

what are you going to do for a tank? put something back where the spare tire was, or just switch sides?
I stuck a cherokee tank in the back of mine, fits ok ( and was free...), but the fuel sender doesn't jive with the toyota guage. reads full when it's empty...

I need to work out a temporary fuel guage setup, and maybe build a big aluminum fuel cell for it later on when I feel like breathing some aluminum fumes for a day or two.[/QUOTE]

I've got my old 60 tank, doubt it'll fit, still have to bring it down and take some dims. If that doesn't work, a buddy of mine has a brake and said he'd bend one up to what i need. Lemme know if you need one, see if he'll bend up another one for ya'. Remind me to bring that steering surround for you.

Bit of a slow week, but got the front end in, shackles mocked up and the 3B shoe-hormed in. Its a little tall, which i knew would happen, but fits well non-the-less. Got some steel cut up for engine mounts and gonna throw a mild body lift to make some room in the tranny tunnel. My good friend "Cousin Cleatus" was hard-at-er' helping to get this thing put together.

I have some uhmw still left over from my body lift if you need any

sorry its uhmw 200 ISO heat #28569-3845 mill #av84k and Its white

Looks good, glad that housing is getting some love once more. More pics are in order...

sorry its uhmw 200 ISO heat #28569-3845 mill #av84k and Its white
i was just kidding, let me know what you want for it. LOL
Here's a pic of the mill, gonna be a little tight with exhaust and turbo. The tranny hump is much smaller than the cruiser ones so a small body lift should give a little extra room for engine mounts and strarter which sits just about on the frame rail.
Another issue is the tranny mount sits just about directly where the shackles are and the transfer case is a knuckle dragger. After pulling it up as close as possible everything cleared so we'll burn in some engine mounts and see how it sits.
3B4runner.jpg

Last edited:
too cool man. should get great mileage too. What turbo?

The uhmw is in my tool box in lake cowichan I hope to be going up their next weekend or if your in cow I will make arrangements for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom