47's HJ47 ute build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jeez its been a while since I've been over here! Looking good mate, and don't worry - patience comes with age! ;)

I would pull those coil springs out of the rear and just have the leaf springs, running both is giving you the rough ride as there is way too much spring rate in the rear for a tray bed (ute).
They are out;):D

How do people suggest I give it a little clearance? Body lift a big no no so I've thought about going in for some extended shackles and some 33' bighorns? what are peoples suggestions?

Extended shackles will ruin your front end geometry and make driving unenjoyable. A 1" spring lift over stock should be plenty w/33's.

A few genuine goodies turned up...

DSC00778.JPG

DSC00776.JPG

I also re-built my steering gear. Overhauled my steering arm box, replaced my bent tyre rods and replaced the ends. It drives dam good for a forty now, just needs a new steering stabilizer. I'll put some pics up soon.

Here's those steering pics...

OME steering Stabilizer ordered...

DSC00780.JPG

DSC00781.JPG

DSC00782.JPG

Got some new headlights and globes... 90w low beams and 130w high beams.. hopefully they'll do the job nicely.

Also I got my tray back from the blasters and it's new again (just a few dents remaining). I'll post up some pics later.

Got some new headlights and globes... 90w low beams and 130w high beams.. hopefully they'll do the job nicely.

Also I got my tray back from the blasters and it's new again (just a few dents remaining). I'll post up some pics later.

Make sure you have relays in place, that amperage will melt the wires or burn out the light switch?

Nice work 47! Coming along mate!

cheers cult, some day she'll be right to drive, and I'm not sure I'll be able to stop;)

waiting for time- is that fixable? I'm assuming not, do you know how hot the lenses can get?

Hmm, I need a set of those globes for the 80 to go with the new harness I bought.

I used to have the same bulbs in my 911 and the reflectors went dull after a year. As long as you have enough speed cooling is enough but as soon as you slow down they start to heat up.

Also, i need a list of all the parts that i will need for my next mini project: the front axle. I am replacing the whole outer shell with another, so i will be removing the guts from the one i have, to put in the new shell. What are the different gaskets and seals that i will need?
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom