420/465 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the differance between the two Because I have a 73 3speed plus granny out of one of my old blazers that I just found last night in the scap pile.The only thing that I can remember being wrong with it is I broke the chain in the t case but I don't need that anyway and with all the trouble I'm having I might think about this but I don't know the diff between them.

420, last made in 1967...2wd only, or divorced t-case, 7:1 first

465, made 1968 until the late 80's?, 2wd, 4wd, various spline outputs, most common with the 205 gear drive t-case, 203 chain is very rare but worth bucko bucks. 6.5:1 first

DO NOT throw away the t-case adapter...that's the rare part.

Woody, I was wondering it has the couse splines on the ppilet shaft,Ihave pulled the tcase apart it is chain and Its broke I just don't remember how that was back in highschool witch was in the mid 80s But I will hold onto it how much for the adapter plate or who should I go through.Thanks

yep, the tranny will have the 10-spline output...classic crusiers in CO is the only source for a plate adapter I'm aware of, see my tech writeup for detals. Will mate to a 73-older Crusier t-case.

IMO, for similar money, get the AA adapter from the 203 range box (toss out the chain drive portion - useless) and get the doubler in there right away. Yer gonna need d-shaft mods, crossmember mods, and adapters anyways...may as well only spend it once.

See the writeups in tech for the 203 swaps too....very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom