40 series general tech and classifieds (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot

I don't get it...

71 FJ40

Dam it has not sold.

A few questions. Can I get rid of the tube fenders at a later date if I want to?
Do you guys think a paki top would fit on it? Is this a pretty good price?
Think it will drive all the way from Cali.? I was hoping it would sell so I could not buy it.
Anybody want to go in halvsies and leave it out on the west coast?

Last edited:
Well it was for sale yesterday according to owner. We have been emailing for awhile. He is moving to Austin, I told him to keep it. Maybe he took my advice.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
HUGE thanks to Chris, Rob, and the whole 49 Cruisers team for taking great care of me!

Got my birthday/father's day, anniversary, Christmas presents installed on the GunRunner.
37 X 12.5 X 17 BFG KM2s on 98 series 17 X 9 Procomp wheels with 3.5" backspacing.

They look so great on the GunRunner. They finally fill out the rear fender flares. I used the flares with the much wider opening and 4" depth. The flares made my 35s look tiny. The 1" wider wheel with ~1/4" less backspacing as the old wheels results in a great looking fit.

Almost as great as the tires is the alignment. The steering wheel is straight for the first time in around 14 years and the ride is so smooth. A little too much toe-in caused a bit of a shimmy above 45 mph. All gone now. What a pleasure to drive!!!

I have MetalTech front tube fenders on the shelf, but not enough time to do a good install before the SCC, so the plan is to swap in an old rough OEM pair from Andrew's restoration. They will be trimmed for clearance.

The rear quarters have been trimmed up to the level of the inner fender. Future will be tube fenders in the rear too. For now, I'd like to swap in some 1" - 1.5" longer shackles. The rear has sagged a little with the bigger spare and the storage drawer system. A slightly longer shackle will still have a decent angle and more droop and level things out. Anyone have any +2.5 - 3" shackles for sale?

Bump stops obviously need to be extended to keep the tires out of the fenders front and rear.

I have a little left to get the MetalTech Grill Guard wrapped up. Paint is optional...
Rear tub sliders are 65% done. Few more hours there too.

Looking forward to the Crawl!

Thank you Lash for the business!

Lash.

Front. Bumpstop extensions. Uptravel is way overrated

Shackles make some with flat bar.

If you give me the eye to eye measurements on shackles I'll check my stash.

Lash with going to 37s are you going to change gears?

Thanks Nolen. I have a pair of 5.25" ConFerr shackles to try first. They are one inch longer than the current shackles.

The H41 transmission and Orion transfer have all the gearing I think I need.

Yep. That was one of my inspirations. Mine will attach just above the tub to the cage and will be removable with 4 grade 8 1/2" bolts per side. Hope to finish the fab tonight. Paint??? Maybe...

Belt and fluid. I'd replace the hoses though.

Bring it and I'll knock it out. I miss that truck.

I'd like to be there too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom