40 series cross country "relay" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi crew,

If anyone is interested in doing this, I think it would be cool to caravan a leg of this trek. Lots of 40 series signed up already, and the idea is to have a "pass the baton" trek across america in fj40 trucks. I have signed up, and will either be doing Nashville towards memphis, or nashville towards knoxville. Post up if you are interested!

FJ40 Cross-Country Expedition: Will YOU join us???

Cheers,

Joel

The organizers are saying that wagons and other cruisers are allowed in the "convoy", but led by a 40 in the group, so we will be cruising at 55 mph, LOL

@Tennessee80 sounds pretty cool, is there a date in mind?

Kickoff from points of origin (CA, FL, NY, etc...) around late Sept-October. Not sure yet when it's our turn in TN. Only 1 other 40 signed up, in Knoxville area, so I suppose mid tn will be taking the baton from him at some point..,

It would be awesome if we could do this on the Trans America Trail sections in TN

Good idea! Other legs of the journey will be coming from highways, but there's no reason we couldn't do an off highway leg, as long as we met up with the next leg at the designated point!

I'd be interested in something in the SE part of the state if the dates work out

Ok, crew, the date has been set. I'm meeting @Bluegrass40 coming south from KY sometime on October 22 in the Nashville area to get the "baton". Then Sunday the 23rd I'm trekking east to meet @Cleg near Knoxville to pass the baton.

Anyone other than @Monty231 interested in joining the caravan?

Cheers

Bump, new dates:

Nov 19 driving south to camp in northern Alabama.

Nov 20 driving to Lickskillet, AL to meet up with @GA Architect and others coming from the FL leg.

Nov 20-- Driving back up to Nashville

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom