4.5LV build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Threads
Looks like I just bought a 64 LV. It's been through a couple of cruiserheads so it's no new barn find or anything. It's been well molested already so my plans to further modernize it shouldn't scar any purists.

I think this is a pic from the PO to the guy I bought it from.
45driver.jpg

Last edited:
The plan is to make it a DD. It has a 327-3sp in it now. I have a Georg built TH400 and cruiser case to put in it. I hope to put a 5.3L Vortec in front of that at some point. I hope to do the interior as modern as possible with comfy seats, carpet, dynamat, etc. so I can really drive it every day.

I see that buckroseau has towed with his. I'm hoping I can tow the pig with this one if it's set up well for it.

I'm getting lots of ideas for colors from Root45.com. The olive drab is growing on me, but I really like the ones done in gray.

Needing any rear quarter panels? There's a group buy going on right now!! PM me if you're interested!

Gumby, That is my driveway.and my old lv.I bought it from the original owner in 94! I sold it to Eric in 2004 I think.I have many stories to tell,and I can pretty much tell you all the history too!PM me and I will fill you in...

YT

Brian,
Sad but true... I needed to make space and it was the farthest from done. So Todd is going to finish the thing. I am bummed to say the least but need space for my other junk. Kids are angry.

Todd is skilled enough to do whatever it takes to build the thing. That's all good in my book. I had the thing way too long to not finish it. The next 45lv in my garage will be a completed one. Modified forsure!

Goebs

Goebs, I know how it is, there is a part of the brain that says we need multiple rigs,and we dream up big plans,but reality sets in,and to be honest,we really shouldnt have multiple 45s,let someone else who can devote 100% to the project take over.I just sold my other 45 today as we speak, I wanted a 100% orig 45 to tool around town in,but I have 10 other projects to finish,so another cruiser head gets to enjoy the thrill of dragging home what most people consider junk,but to us it just does'nt get any better.....Oh yeah,I am picking up another lv next week,been sitting at a duck hunting club for 20 years,go figure,time to hook up the trailer....

Hope all is well with the family..I have no 2 on the way!

YT:beer:

That's a great looking rig!

:cheers:

Needing any rear quarter panels? There's a group buy going on right now!! PM me if you're interested!

Rear quarters look really good at the moment. I'll have them to bare metal on Saturday, I hope. There's a little spot on the tail gate and a bunch up by the roof line, but all easy to fab patches for.

Just got back from driving it around the parking lot. It's hard to get a perspective when you're perched on top of a cooler but it was pretty cool.

The front clip is going in primer tonight. I'll start on the rest of the body tomorrow. I want to get it in primer and maybe even the exterior top coated before winter break when I'll start swapping bodies on my pigs. The goal will be to get back on the 45 by Spring break.

can't wait to see the progress....

Brian

great lv congrats its good to see another build thread on a lv start up.
Jason

Rear quarters look really good at the moment. I'll have them to bare metal on Saturday, I hope. There's a little spot on the tail gate and a bunch up by the roof line, but all easy to fab patches for.

No problem! I thought mine were good too till I took them down! The group buy closes on the 17th so you have a little time. I'm also going to see about the rear sill for the tailgate, another common rust area.

Got one quarter down to bare steel, as well as the cowl and the driver door. There is no rust anywhere that I didn't know about. Hopefully, tomorrow there'll be pics in bare metal and in primer. I think I can get the last three doors, tailgate and quarter done if all goes as well as it did tonight. The front clip had been dipped before I got it.

I need to go look at a slate Tundra. I really like that color, but I want to keep the oak interior parts Eric already has done. I'm not sure if the two colors will go together.

I did go look at the slate Tundra this morning. I decided I like Toyota Magnetic gray metallic better. I think it'll be OK with the oak interior.

Busy day today. I got both quarters down to bare steel. It's unbelievable the lack of damage to a 44 year old vehicle.

100_0522.jpg

100_0521.jpg

Found a good dent in the right corner that was pulled and filled and some holes in the left corner, but nothing serious.

100_0523.jpg

Got the front clip in self etching primer and put it back on so all the parts won't be spread around the shop next week.

Got the driver front primed and the driver rear mostly stripped.

I'm glad I spent the time to get the outside down to bare metal as I know I'll get good adhesion and I know every possible issue. I think I'll just scuff and paint the interior walls and dash. I don't think there will be any bondo hiding in there. The floor will need a couple of small patches and a good paint job. The inner roof is kinda a mess.

100_0525.jpg

Nice work thus far!
My neighbor asked me just this morning..."where did the grocery getter go?" He was sad to hear it wasn't in the garage anymore. I'll be forwarding this link so he can keep up with the progress.
I will let you know what else I find for it and get it your way.
Keep the pictures coming!

Goebs

Looks good. keep working on my future cruiser :lol:

Stand in line. Is there any truth to the idea or "right of first....."

Brian,
Sad but true... I needed to make space and it was the farthest from done. So Todd is going to finish the thing. I am bummed to say the least but need space for my other junk. Kids are angry.

Todd is skilled enough to do whatever it takes to build the thing. That's all good in my book. I had the thing way too long to not finish it. The next 45lv in my garage will be a completed one. Modified forsure!

Goebs

Eric- the highlighted sentence really frightens me. You have met Todd, haven't you? I haven't once gone wheeling with him that something doesn't crap out on his '55'.

Sorry, just needed to e-harass you both.:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom