3FE's Listen Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone with a 3FE engine and looking for better performance should check into this. I've read here about adjusting the Transmision Throttle Cable and finally got around to looking at mine. The FSM said I should have roughly 0.05mm to 1.5mm of space between the cable stopper and the red cap. My stopper has 0 clearance and had started to wear a hole in the red cap. I adjusted it to about 1.2mm and I now have a completly different truck. Before it would always feel like it was flooding out when accelerating or had poor pedal response. Now it just goes with pride. Also, before when cruising at hwy speeds I would almost have to floor the gas pedal to get a down shift. Now it downshifts quickly and smoothly with just a tap on the pedal.

I know what you guys are thinking. 3FE's are guttless regardless. This is true but we need all the help we can get and I dont feel like I'm pulling and 5000lb trailer behind me anymore.

Excelent. :bow:

To those who ponder doing the adjustment, remember to note where it was before you move it and you do not need to move it very much to make a significant change in the kickdown reaction.

Same holds true for the 1FZ with both the good transmission and the 343.... :G

>> "If you switch to Keystone, You can afford the 80" <<

In Texas, those words are grounds for a huge divorce settlement in your favor.

:beer:
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom