3FE Owners Check-In (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1990 fj80 twin factory locked 3fe with 376,000km on the clock still going strong fairly stock motor looking at doing exhaust mod at moment still trying to work out best set up atm but very happy with motor has bean verry reliable so far

I just acquired a 1991 FJ80 - 248,000 miles, engine is all original to my knowledge. It's going to need some TLC (possible some driveline work, taking a look at the Birf's), but the motor is strong - this thing is a beast. :zilla:

Just bought this 91 fj80 @252,000 miles. As a kid I loved my dads 94 fzj80. I got this for a great price. Replaced steering high pressure hose along with a new battery and positive terminal for battery. Slow but steady. Love it.

image.jpg

Hi
I brought home a 92 with 166k last weekend, gotta great deal, super stoked. It is stock, except for 31 10.50's. I am in Oroville, Ca

91 with 190,000.
Repairs: Alternatorssss; finally bought OEM. Radiator, PS gear box, fuel pump.
Mods: 93 FF Rear axle, 93 16in wheels, LED cabin lights
Woes: Front and Rear Main seals, and the latest, I believe EFI wiring issues.

1991 with 175k. New long block installed at 138k. Smog,egr and cat delete. AFM trick and small lift(for now) and 33's (also for now)
FB_IMG_1426999834499.jpg

Hi all, new to the forum, but picked up a 92 FJ80 about 6 months ago. 250k on it, stock except for the 2" OME lift, 35's, and a front bumper. slowly going thru doing all the neglected maintenance, but it's a solid beast. currently i'm doing a front knuckle rebuild and looking for birf's (birf is fine, axle splines/drive flange are worn - boo) so I can get it back together. Pictures will follow once it's mobile and can get out of the garage. next will be a steering box replacement/rebuild, and then a rear bumper.

Hey, congrats, lets get started eh. For CEL you can use a paperclip to read the stored codes on the ECU you just count the blinks. Then look up code in FSM.

Search will inform you.

Just scored a 91 FJ80 with 95K OG miles on it.

Has a few things that need addressing. Currently have a Check engine light on.

Picked up a '92 FJ80, 220k. No records, don't know the history but I got it for a song. Seems to run and drive fine, but I also don't know what "fine" is for these. Has a CEL for EGR.

Excited to learn from you guys

I've had my 92 FJ80 with 190K on it now for a couple of weeks. Picked it up from LC8Pilot and its in super great shape! The baselining is basically done and I can't wait to get in the woods with it! No mods yet other than 31x10.50's soon to be 33x10.50's and some 4.88's!

Hey Everyone! This is my 91 Land cruiser. Got her for about 3,500 with 155,000 miles. That scratch on the front bumper is about the only thing wrong with the body. She is running fantastic and I couldn't be more happy. I'm hopefully going to be able to put some mods in. I want at least a new muffler to increase airflow and I also want to figure out a more efficient intake for her. Oh and the paint was just redone a couple years ago. Also, has anyone done a CAI on their 3f-e? I want to but I'm confused with all the vacuum lines. Cheers :)

I've never officially "checked in". Been on MUD for about 10 years (I think). I purchased my 1992 FJ80 new in December 1991 when I was 16. I started saving for a car when I was 12 and got my first paper route. By the time I was 16 I had enough money saved. I ordered it from Cedar Rapids Toyota. When I ordered it I didn't realize I had to pay tax on it so I had to change the order and eliminate moon roof, roof rack, and running boards. In hindsight I am glad I didn't have the money for those.

I just rolled 235k on the clock and it runs like the day I bought it. She's back to mostly stock now and sees regular light trail and camping duty along with Daily Driver duties.

Recently picked up her twin for my 14 year old son. He wants my 80 so we will have to see about that. Going through baselining on his 80 now so he can learn how to wrench on his own.

Long live the tractor motor!

I've never officially "checked in". Been on MUD for about 10 years (I think). I purchased my 1992 FJ80 new in December 1991 when I was 16. I started saving for a car when I was 12 and got my first paper route. By the time I was 16 I had enough money saved. I ordered it from Cedar Rapids Toyota. When I ordered it I didn't realize I had to pay tax on it so I had to change the order and eliminate moon roof, roof rack, and running boards. In hindsight I am glad I didn't have the money for those.

I just rolled 235k on the clock and it runs like the day I bought it. She's back to mostly stock now and sees regular light trail and camping duty along with Daily Driver duties.

Recently picked up her twin for my 14 year old son. He wants my 80 so we will have to see about that. Going through baselining on his 80 now so he can learn how to wrench on his own.

That's got to be one of the coolest stories ever! I've had about 18 cars since I was 16, several of them I regret getting rid of. My 80 is one I think I will keep for a long time. Great story!

That's got to be one of the coolest stories ever! I've had about 18 cars since I was 16, several of them I regret getting rid of. My 80 is one I think I will keep for a long time. Great story!

I wanted to buy my 80 and my father (a die hard Chevy guy and all around POS) told me it was "an overpriced rice burner". 23 years later I think I got my monies worth. :)

I wanted to buy my 80 and my father (a die hard Chevy guy and all around POS) told me it was "an overpriced rice burner". 23 years later I think I got my monies worth. :)

I'd say so!

Awesome story. How much did a '92 80 run you back in 1991, if you don't mind me asking? I would guess around $35K. If that's the case, that must have been a well-paying paper route!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom