3B - headers/exhaust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My bj73 is in need of a new exhaust, am tossing up getting headers at the same time to get a little more power. Worth it? Thinking a 2.5" exhaust with as free flowing of a muffler as possible

Ideally I'd chuck a turbo on but that's not on the cards this year for economic/insurance/legality reasons.

My bj73 is in need of a new exhaust, am tossing up getting headers at the same time to get a little more power. Worth it? Thinking a 2.5" exhaust with as free flowing of a muffler as possible

Ideally I'd chuck a turbo on but that's not on the cards this year for economic/insurance/legality reasons.

I doubt a header would really make a difference with a 3B. You should investigate further putting a turbo on it... Is a mod like that a big deal in New Zealand? Seems like there is a lot of modified cars running around out there.

LEGAL? bahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUSSY!!!

Hah ^^

I'd love a turbo & one is on the cards long term, but currently I can't afford the upfront costs of the parts which would be approx what I paid for the truck, insurance premiums would increase significantly, and would have to get cert to pass a WOF (has to be done 6 monthly, no WOF = fines) and cert = more money

So since I need a new exhaust anyway, was thinking of chucking 300 bucks at a set of headers to get a little more out of it in the meantime.

I did my turbo for 500. bam!

Ya, junk yard for the turbo. I got a air research T3 off an old 70's mercedes 300d. welded up my own manifold. got a pyro and boost gauge at a industrial vehicle junk yard. oil feed line from the hydraulics shop and welded a bung on my oil pan. Bobs your uncle.

I have a thread

link^^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom