350 sm465 tlc3speed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can someone tell me exactly where to weld my downey motor mounts so that it clears the dist,and the heater core .ain't to worried about the rad mounting it to the bib. I have read the downey conversion book and the aa book neither say where to mount with my stuff so please help ,by the way its going into a 75 fj40 thanks

I just measured mine at 14 3/4" from the center rib of the shock mount to the center of the motor mount. I think mine is too far back for proper cooling and I don't know if my heater core would clear the valve cover without the body lift. I have plenty of room forward of the engine. If I were to do it again, I would move the engine forward a couple of inches.

thanks for the info what do you think about 12.75 think itll work ?dont have a body lift

The hub on my water pump is 4" back from the radiator core and I have about 3" from the back of my driver's side head to the firewall. My fan is close...about 2" from the radiator.
Some of the newer 350 engines seem to be shorter in the front and you may be able to gain some firewall clearance by scooting up close to the radiator.
I really think that firewall clearance will help in getting rid of some of the underhood heat.
The only way to know for sure how it fits is to drop it in the hole with a hoist and check it out.

I agree with pfry. The farther up the better for heat issues. 12.0-12.75 would probably be pretty good. Too much and you will have problems with your shifter and the heater. I'm using the accessory mounting plate from a later model engine with a serp belt. I would think this get me a little room in front. I also am using an electric fan that gives me a lot of options. It does not have to be lined up with the water pump pulley to fit nicely in the stock shroud.

Im going to try 12.75 and if i have to my donor vehical is a 72 fj55 the heater core is offset tothe passanger side might try and use that I am going to take some pics Ill tell you how i make out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom