34x12.50's with OME 2.5" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:eek: :eek: Those are some huge meats!! Would look sweet on an 80! :G
upcruiser, Why not just go with 35's? What's the big deal here? Your gears will handle it.

:eek: :eek: Those are some huge meats!! Would look sweet on an 80! :G
upcruiser, Why not just go with 35's? What's the big deal here? Your gears will handle it.

That's the thing, from what I hear, the gearing gets too funky, especially with the 3FE. I only have the OME 2.5". From what I understand, this isn't adequate for 35's unless you lower the bump stops, I'd like to keep all of the axle travel that I can. I probably don't really need much bigger then 33's anyway for the types of wheeling I do. 34's sound intriguing in part because it is something different.

Yeah, those trucks are crazy, each tire costs $40,000 for replacement in is brought in on a semi truck with a wide load convoy! It's amazing to see them in action with a load of rock.

Up, go back through the posts and look for one titled "lift mathematics". Myself and Christo did some comparisons between my truck and his yellow one. We measured between the center hub of the axle to the bottom of the fender flare. See what yours is. I run 315s (34.7") on the stock rims without any problems so far. You'll have more difficulty if you have changed your rims which places the tire in a different spot which usually means further out the side of the fender which will rub more quickly. I have the same springs with a Kaymar bumper in the rear and nothing up front.

Okay, I took some measurements. From the center of the hub to the bottom of my front fender I've got 22 1/2". On the back I've got 23 1/4".

My truck has the ARB winchbar on the front and is otherwise stock as for as heavy added componentry goes. Springs 850/863's,

I measured my 33x9.50 BFG MudTerrains with around 70,000 miles on them, they were 32" even :eek:

The new rims measure out to 4" of backspacing and 4 3/4" of dish.

Eyeing how far the rims would portrude, it looks like the tires would be damn near even, if not sticking past the fenders a little.

What do you think?

"Christo I did have a slight bend in the tape so the actual straight measurement is 22.75". I'm running stock rims with the 315s. I think I'm getting a clear picture as why I'm not rubbing even though I only have the heavy non J springs. Your truck has the bar, winch, 2nd battery, SC and who knows what else in the front and the rear bar and aux gas tank also if I remember correctly. That's a crap load of weight over mine and as the suspension flexes and the weight transfers to one side the extra raised height quickly evaporates as the spring takes on that extra load ove mine.

Make sense?

Rick "

Alright well I found the thread, and it helps out a little. Rick, do you get rubbing with your setup? It sounds like we are pretty damn close in regards to clearance. What does the section width on your tires work out to be roughly in inches? Is that as wide as a 12.50? Thanks

Up, I run the BFG 315/75R16 AT/KOs, check their web site but I think they are considered 12.5" wide. I'm not sure of the rim setup on your truck but if it close to matching mine you should be ok. As a disclaimer I do basically excursion wheeling and have flexed the suspension quite a bit but not the the stops.

RIP, Crunch, Oh sh## :eek:
deal.gif

Sounds like it should work ok UP, but find a ditch, rock or embankment, have someone else drive the truck and check the bumpstops and flares. If you need to, lower the bumpstops a tad. Not ideal - but likely good enough for now. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom