34 inch tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How would the 34x9.5 super swampers work on a 40 with 4 inch lift. why would anyone what to run such a slim tire that is pretty big. it seems as though it would be very unstable off-road. i have 33x10.5 with my 4 inch lifted cruiser and i wish they were wider. are the 9.5's easier to steer and does anyone else offer 34x9.5's tires. thanks

thin tires dig to the bottom... unless there isn't one.
i know a guy with a heep and he runs those tires. the lugs are very aggressive and pretty impressive looking.
i run 33x10.5's also and i wish mine were thiner. unless your in a bottomless mudhole that you need to paddle your way through, i think the skinnies are great offroad. i don't know about there rock application and i guarentee they will suck in the sand.

The 34x9.50 is a bad ass tire. FWIW: I have run 33 x 9.50s for years and loved them. Wider is not always better. In heavy rock areas the smaller tire allows you to steer between objects. Not great in swampy areas but it will work.Tall thin tires are much better on road. Much easier to keep in balance.

does anyone else offer 34x9.5's tires.
Simex Jungle Trekker II :cheers:

I've found my Silverstone AT-117 Special(Gravel Rally Tyre) 31 x 10.5 far too wide, But are perfect on Gravel. :eek: :D

I found the wider better for higher speed gravel and such where they can float instead of digging in and sending you for a 6. But for most all other apps, the skinnies are just as good if not better. They are easier to position between sharp rocks and turkey bushes. They are lighter to steer on road because of the smaller contact patch with high pressure. In sand a tall thin tyre runs just as well if not better than a wide one, especially when most other cars doing the same tracks have thin tyres and compact a smaller area.

i ran 34-950 swampers on my78 40 for huntin season LOVED them drove great (for swampers) look cool easy to get around catus out here in west texas... i had the ONLY trucc that could get to camp if it was mudy 3 miles of black ... stuff... and a lot easyer to steer then the 321150 on 10's i drove on street

you might check out the 34x10.5 ltb's.
thats what i'm going to this fall.

I run the 34 x 9.50 on my cruiser with a 4" lift. They work great off road and are easy to steer on road. My only complaint is that they are very noisy on the highway. Another benifit is that they don't stick out past the fender wells. HTH

I ran stock tires on my '72 FJ40, then switched to fat agressive tires. After the fatties wore out, I swtiched back to the skinny stock tires - and they worked better both on and off raod. FWIW.

Mike S

I run the Swamper LTB 34X10.5s of my rig and they work very well. thay are not steel belted, so they are a little sloppy on the road, and tend to wear a little more quickly, but you cant beat the agressivie lugs. They get in and bite. I have a 5" lift and they fit with lots of clearance. I would say that they would fit a 4" lift no problem. The sidewalls are very strong as well, and when down to little pressuere, they hang tough. I would reccommend them highly to anyone thinking of a narrow tire.

:D I just bought a set of the 34-10.50 LTB's and got to try them out this weekend at the Yankee Toys Fall Gathering, THEY ROCK!!! I've got a 40, with about 5" of lift, locked in the rear and I went everywhere that I wanted to go. We had some nice mud pits, rocks. and loose gravel and they just dug right in and went! They sit inside the wheel wells so you aren't getting crap all over your rig. Best part is they are cheap!!! ;)
Lane

I had a set a couple of years ago and I really liked them.I had manual steering and was running 33x12.5 I switched to 34x9.5 and the handling improved greatly.I used them in mud and rocks and they were great.

Anybody have any pics of thier 40 with 34x9.5 on it would love to see what it looks like :D thinking of running those on mine if I ever get the tub on :(

I've got 33x12.5 TSL radials, actually measure about 10.5-11" wide. Handle great on the road, aren't that loud for swampers. Haven't gotten them offroad yet. :(

[quote author=VA.CRUISER link=board=1;threadid=5490;start=msg43841#msg43841 date=1064268486]
Anybody have any pics of thier 40 with 34x9.5 on it would love to see what it looks like :D thinking of running those on mine if I ever get the tub on :(
[/quote]

sorry just 33x9.5's, this is a pic on my 82 with OME suspension
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL55/691553/1566988/32483834.jpg

and the other 82, same tires, no lift
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL55/691553/2301795/28497527.jpg

John H (who must be gettting old I got 3 sets of 33x9.5' AT's ;)

Hey land pimp,

i know you and i have talked some about our cruiser over PM's but one thing. you know i have an 82 fj40 with 4 inch lift. i think may go to 33x9.5's once my current ones need replacement. i'm working on doing body work right now and painting my truck soon. its red now but i want to do to green. what color code is your 40 and what is the color code of the dark green on the older 40's ....thanks

not sure if this is the green your looking for, but its stock on 82-83 FJ40 and very seldom seen(I have only seen 3 others on the net and no others in person) kinda a John Deere green, code is 681.....no name just green.
pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL55/69...88/32483834.jpg

it kinda changes color with the light
pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL55/69...88/32483834.jpg

I'm partial to this green prolly cause it's on my Cruiser

there is an earlier green, more of a forest green, try CCOT for the color code

If it were me, I would keep it red, for a few reasons, 1st the original color is better for re-sale, 2nd.......unless paint the inside(and thats alot of work) green then it's gonna look like poop green ext, red int.......IMOP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom