33's or 35's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just ordered a 4" skyjacker lift kit. My fenders are cut and there are ~ 2" ext. shackles in the rear. I am now looking at tires. I am debating between 33 or 35 x 12.5" in goodyear mt/r or bfg m/t's. I've read that the 35s will fit, but will they rub? My other concern is the power needed to move those 35's. My rig is a stock '76, 6 cyl and 4spd. Are they too much for the stock six?

35's

35's. you will be fine with the 2f and 4.10's. Got PS? I run 35's on the fj435 w/o PS.

I prefer the MTR.

Wierdness! I have 35's on the 45 and 33x9.5's on the 40, neither rig has PS, you would think the 35x12.5 would be harder to turn....but they aren't! the 33x9.5s take more effort? wierd huh? Hmmm, maybe the steering wheel is bigger in the 45.....yeah I bet thats it

Being geared at 28:1 35" tires can be a real bitch seeing that you will have to stomp on it and slam on the brakes going down hill. If you are going to be regearing teh future go with teh 35" tires. I have 33" tires on my rig but after my sm465 i'm goign to go 35" tires because i'll have more than enough gearing to control the 35" tires. But it's your decision. On the rubbing issue i rub even with 33's hehe.

Travis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom