305/65/18 BFG KO2 Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
I just had some 305/65/18 KO2's installed on my 100. I have been running 295/70/18's......I never really loved these tires. They were a bit too tall (34.5") and a bit too narrow (11.25") for my needs.

Recently I bought some Slee Spacers to widen the stance some, but I was still not happy with the setup.

I stumbled upon this tire size that I previously did not know existed.

It is a 33.5" x 12.5" tire. Great size for a 100 IMO

While I was at it, I decided to raise my truck a bit.

I replaced the OME866's with some Slee Heavies. The ass went up 1.75" so I raised the front a bit to have a .75" rake rear to front.

Thanks 49 Tire in Richland MS for the tires and install.

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg

Love it! Looks awesome all the way around.

Looks real good! Interesting that you weren't satisfied with the slee spacers - I've been thinking of getting them to increase the track and give the LC a more aggressive look, but was thinking 1.25" wouldn't do it. Are you running the spacers with the new setup?

It wasn't the spacers I did not like it was the tall narrow Terra Grapplers.

The spacers were my "solution" to the tires until I discovered this size tire.

I've been wanting a bit shorter tire and was planning on 285's to replace these with the spacers.

20.5" and 21.5" under the fender to center wheel.

So those 33's are without the spacers? Not sure if i caught that... i don't want to go any taller than that.

Those tires look friggen great! Any rubbing at full lock?

I have 305/60s...and while I love them, I've always thought I'd like to go a size taller without going narrower or to the 35" extreme. This size is really the ticket. It's something that wasn't available in the 18" wheel/tire space and was in the 17" wheels.

How's braking? I know you went down in tire size from previously, so they may feel better to you now. Is the pedal effort high?

I too had 305/60/18 Terra on my last 100. They were great looking and I likely would have bought another set never knowing this size existed if it was really only a size Nitto sells. I wanted different tires than TGs. While they perform and wear great I am just over them. This is just a stock suspension with a TBar tweak.

image.jpeg

As for rubbing. None. I drove it through my drainage ditch every way possible yesterday. I was mainly seeing if I needed to reinstall my rear bumpstops (no)

For comparison this top pic is 295 with spacers

image.jpeg

295 without spacers. The spacers were not needed for rubbing. Just looks.

image.jpeg

Looks great man, I tested my 305's in the snow last week and they preformed excellent!

I normally run skinny tires thought I would try something different this go around. Running 1¼ spacers right now but I'm going to remove them

Nice! What wheels are those? Do they have correct 100 backspace?

I just looked through your pics. I think I would lose the spacers.....I cant believe it still stuffs in the fenders with those spacers.

Last edited:
They look great!

Well, I know what tires I am going to get next. I had one of the forumn members with an 80 series have some KO2's shipped to my house and when they arrived, I said those look nice. Now I know exactly what size I want, that looks great!

That looks great @wngrog. For a split second, I thought "yep, that's my next tire size"... then realized "ooooh... gonna need a swing-away though" No more spare in the well with those. But yeah, they do look really good.

Back when Nitto sold a 33x12.50x18 (on the sidewall) I ran my spare under the truck.

All you have to do is remove the thingamajig in the front of the area that holds the tire smug into its spot.

Another trick is to air the spare down and air it back up when in place.

Either way I'm 99% sure it will fit.

Thanks for this great information! I'm getting ready to get some new shoes.

Any thoughts on whether this size will fit on stock AHC suspension and stock bumpers? For that matter the whole truck is stock for now.

Thanks,

Nice! What wheels are those? Do they have correct 100 backspace?

I just looked through your pics. I think I would lose the spacers.....I cant believe it still stuffs in the fenders with those spacers.

No your right for sure! A few weeks ago I got myself down in a little ravine that I couldn't back out of. Well both front fenders bent from up travel so I had to chop them :( no time to fix as I'm heading to moab for 10 days, I'll be buying new fenders around Christmas. Wheels are made by pro comp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom