Builds 3 days and 3300 miles later (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Matt,

Thanks for the pics. Like you said they are definitely nothing to write home about, but should be enough there to get me started. The upper compound bends are what I was most worried about and they seem to be fine. Attached is a pic where to cut them both. After looking at my pic of the floor holes again, I should just be able to patch that with some small pieces of sheet metal so I guess I can skip that. I will shoot you a PM too with the details. Thanks a ton for this, it will be a big help. :D

Adam

Adam,

Got your PM. Posted a pic of what I cut out, you'll be getting a little more than you asked for. Just because it was easier for me to connect the rust dots and cut less to get these pieces out. Figured you can cut back what you don't want.

On another note.......

Also posted up a pic of what is left of the box. Once the wheel wells were cut out, the floor literally collasped upon itself. I made 2 cuts on both front corners and threw it in a pile. Not sure if anyone can use anything else, but it's pretty much the sides...and not much at that.

I spent the majority of the day cleaning and I was going through the piles of parts I got from the guy in B.C. when I picked up the truck. Took a pic of this evap unit that was in the boxes of stuff I got, but haven't had time to go through until now........what the hell is a FJ40LV???

Matt
MVC-026S.JPG
MVC-027S.JPG
MVC-028S.JPG

Last edited:
Adam,

Got your PM. Posted a pic of what I cut out, you'll be getting a little more than you asked for. Just because it was easier for me to connect the rust dots and cut less to get these pieces out. Figured you can cut back what you don't want.

On another note.......

Also posted up a pic of what is left of the box. Once the wheel wells were cut out, the floor literally collasped upon itself. I made 2 cuts on both front cornerns and through it in a pile. Not sure if anyone can use anything else, but it's pretty much the sides...and not much at that.

I spent the majority of the day cleaning and I was going through the piles of parts I got from the guy in B.C. when I picked up the truck. Took a pic of this evap unit that was in the boxes of stuff I got, but haven't had time to go through until now........what the hell is a FJ40LV???

Matt

Looks good Matt! Thanks:)

Adam,
........what the hell is a FJ40LV???

Matt

A left-hand drive hard top FJ40.

There are all sorts of designations that define rear door style (amby, tailgate, etc.), transmission, etc.

For example, the full designation of my truck is HJ47-KCQ

H: engine type
J: production line
47: model
K: 4 spd
C: Ambulance doors
Q: built for Australia

There's an implied RV after the HJ47, to signify RHD and soft top.

More than you ever wanted to know in the FAQ: http://rustybrain.com/cruisers/faq.txt

Figured I better take of the pic of the lpb working......:D I guess if you could call it work. ;)

Gonna be 95 and extremely humid tomorrow, plan on working it up to the lake for the day;p

Matt
MVC-001S.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG
MVC-004S.JPG

what the heck is that green wheeled thing on the back of the trailer? jim

what the heck is that green wheeled thing on the back of the trailer? jim

It is used to move the stand-up jet-skis around when not in water.... ;)

:beer:

Missed you in the Hills Matt man.... :frown:

Figured I better take of the pic of the lpb working......:D I guess if you could call it work. ;)

Gonna be 95 and extremely humid tomorrow, plan on working it up to the lake for the day;p

Matt

long drive, all the way at the end of your property, huh?! :lol:

It is used to move the stand-up jet-skis around when not in water.... ;)

:beer:

Missed you in the Hills Matt man.... :frown:

Yea...what Steve said...

Been meaning to shoot you a PM...and still will. I wanted to go bad!! But, last week was the County fair and that is a big deal up in these parts....kinda almost required to be there....like work. I just got the carb back from Mark A. last Thursday, so it was cutting it close anyway. It still sucked missing it though, I was yacking about it to the wife for weeks and while I was at the fair.

On another note you might like.....Got back last night at 2 pm. Went to the the Nickleback, Stained and Puddle of Mudd concert in G.F. last night. Umm......that was 4.5 hours of fun!!! ;p

long drive, all the way at the end of your property, huh?! :lol:

Not quite...unless we went in the river...and that would be the end ;)

Went to Moose Lake up in Canada..about a 45 minute drive. Plan on heading back up this Sunday again...I'll take few photos of the 45 in action. :)

Matt

Plan on heading back up this Sunday again...

What? No Oshkosh?!?! :)

Bet that concert was a good time!

Talk with you soon bud!

-Steve

Not that anyone cares, but if it involves pics of Landcruisers....figured you guys wouldn't mind. The lpb has been getting some miles on it the last few weeks, mostly up into Canada a few weekends in a row tugging jet skis.

Heard about a car show a couple days before Saturday in Thief river falls, MN (about 60 miles away). And of course....me being me, I want to make sure the kids know theres more out there than the Detroit product ;) Talked the wife into going, so Saturday morning she drove the lv and I drove the lpb down to TRF. Stopped at the car wash and cleaned both of them up before we drove over there. They had a great turn out, about 175 cars.

Few pics of the the Toyota stuff and a few of some other junk that was there.....oh, and the wife also sitting around having fun. ;p

Matt
MVC-002S.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG
MVC-020S.JPG

Last edited:
more
MVC-005S.JPG
MVC-006S.JPG
MVC-008S.JPG

more 2
MVC-009S.JPG
MVC-018S.JPG