2nd Gen trailer Brake controller install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good to know the harness is prewired for a brake controller all trucks should IMO. Do you have a shot of the camper you were towing and how did it do? I have a 2013 TRD on 33's I've been building up for overland trips and hope to build an offroad trailer to tow behind it. I feel I may need to regear it before then because it just has enough balls to carry itself around granted it stays fully loaded with campertop and gear with deck system. Shot from our trip to Ouray last month.
IMG_20160726_200614.jpg

Here is a shot of my truck and trailer. Tires are 265/70/17. We had 4 passengers, 4 bikes and all our camping gear I think the trailer was a 22 or 24' at about 4500# dry. We didn't pass many others on the road and didn't get into overdrive unless we where going downhill. We were also in the Utah mountains so it was quite a test.

20160913_104158.jpg

Nice setup :cheers: thats a load with all your gear you were probably at the 5000lb mark at least. I'm running the 255/85r16 Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX tires and in the mountains or towing my small utility trailer the overdrive gearing is weak so I just run it in 4th gear. I'm gonna have to look at regearing it if I start dragging an offroad trailer with me. We do a lot of camping but when we travel cross country with the family I'm usually dragging something similar I call it the princess cabin because my wife and daughter won't do a RTT or tent. My two are teenagers now so I'm planning to sell this setup next year sometime and build an offroad trailer.
PSX_20150516_211414.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom