2F Rebuild - First Timer (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Excuses, excuses! I need more pics of brand new 2F engine parts being assembled. =)

All kidding aside, glad to see you taking the time to figure things out and do it right. Take your time and don't rush through things you aren't sure of... you want this 2F running like a champ when finished.

Yah not rushing it. But it seems I've done most of the work already in prepping for the build. All the new parts are here now all the old parts and cleaned , block and head cleaned and painted , crank and Pistons installed and humming.

The rest is just attaching things on.

So as mentioned now that I know what torque readings to follow and having practiced a couple of times : p it was a walk in the park. Everything went very easy and we managed to get the crank installed and all the Pistons in the cylinders.

Here are a couple of videos of the action.

And that's it so far.

Was waiting for the new oil pimp which I received. So will be cracking on with the build.

Got a good tip from a YouTube video I saw. Will be getting a riffle cleaning brush to give that galley plug hole a good clean one last time before assembly.

For some reason the videos are blocked in the UAE.. Something about cruiser p*rn keep up the amazing work this is beautiful in every sense

Thanks Max. They are the same videos on Instagram so your up to date

Ok guys I'm having an issue.

Trying to install the oil seal on the valve stems.

The FSM says to keep a distance of 9.8 to 10.2 mm from the level above the spring seats to the lower lip of the oil seal.

There is not that much space there to fit it on and keep the drive in distance. I assume the lower level is the lip around the valve stem.

Am I measuring It correct ?

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424106687.479860.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424106716.915540.jpg

Will do a quick search.

Oh and I got this gun cleaning kit to clean the galley plug. It worked a dream.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424109928.587969.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424109928.587969.jpg

Ok guys I'm having an issue.

Trying to install the oil seal on the valve stems.

The FSM says to keep a distance of 9.8 to 10.2 mm from the level above the spring seats to the lower lip of the oil seal.

There is not that much space there to fit it on and keep the drive in distance. I assume the lower level is the lip around the valve stem.

Am I measuring It correct ?

View attachment 1032386

View attachment 1032387

Will do a quick search.

I think I just got it hahaha. I need that bloody SST tool which will fit it with the correct distance.

Now to find that tool. Any idea if toyota sell that tool ? Or a tool shop ?

That tool looks like it can be replaced by some kind of pipe or tube.

Getting it on is not the problem. I just want it to be on to the correct depth. I am hunting down the SST 09210 -31010 tool.

Will go to the machine shop tomorrow to see if he has the tool. If so I'll let him do the installation. Otherwise will wait to get the tool.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424207062.288074.jpg

You can see how the tool fits the valve oil seal with in it but also touched the valve stem in so keeping the correct distances.

I've never done it. But it looks like you can just tap it a little, measure, then repeat till your in spec.

I just finished installing these seals on my F155 engine last night and I found that a 6 pt 5/8 spark plug socket works very well as an installation tool. I did it with the valves in place (rope in cylinder method) and the rubber portion of the spark plug socket keeps everything centered and straight.

I unfortunately also discovered that If you drive the seal too deep, the viton top portion pops off and you have to order another box of 12 seals.

I have a full set of those seals if anyone needs a spare or two.

For some reason the videos are blocked in the UAE.. Something about cruiser p*rn keep up the amazing work this is beautiful in every sense
There are two pistons(5&6) that seem to hit tdc at the same time--video disturbed?

Bump for an update

Thanks for bump. Needed that

Spoke to my machine shop and he said bring it down. So will pass by this afternoon with the valve oil seals and get him to do it. The method he described on the phone is what we did the first time. Just want to make sure it's done correctly.

As this is my first rodeo, will get the Cowboys to show me the ropes.

Will report back with the developments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom