25 year import rule for CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buy an ugly fj60, take engine w emissions out, sell off fj60 carcass.

far cheaper than spector's (or any other vendor) source for a US emission compliant engine.

The saudi 2F cylinder head will not have the air rail ports- you will need to change it.

There are sources for decals in the US, they just have to become a little distressed after application.

Where I live in Jeddah its not easy to find, as they're more common in rural areas. Although the FJ45 pickups are the most popular. If you do find a Troopy in the rural areas, they're usually used very well and have lived a long hard life. The guy that owns a Troopy is usually the original owner, as they're not considered collectors vehicles, or much sought after hence they don't exchange hands often.

I've seen a bunch in Jeddah at a junkyard with everything intact, all ex police or border patrol vehicles, in pretty good shape, but with no paperwork, hence did not bother asking how much they were.

What smog parts do you need? My dads 78 fj40 came from Cali and there are a few smog parts left on the old engine. The 40 currently resides in NC and we don't have any smog rules here.

Meatball

Where I live in Jeddah its not easy to find, as they're more common in rural areas. Although the FJ45 pickups are the most popular. If you do find a Troopy in the rural areas, they're usually used very well and have lived a long hard life. The guy that owns a Troopy is usually the original owner, as they're not considered collectors vehicles, or much sought after hence they don't exchange hands often.

I've seen a bunch in Jeddah at a junkyard with everything intact, all ex police or border patrol vehicles, in pretty good shape, but with no paperwork, hence did not bother asking how much they were.

Great pictures, send a Troopie my way please. I'll figure out how to register it in NJ!

Zack

What smog parts do you need? My dads 78 fj40 came from Cali and there are a few smog parts left on the old engine. The 40 currently resides in NC and we don't have any smog rules here.

Meatball

Thanks for the offer custyota

I am not even sure where to begin as I've never seen a cruiser with smog equipment in Saudi. I am assuming I'd need everything?

What does the smog equipment list entail?

Hi I was wondering how you got on with this. I'm looking to import my 1976 HJ45 from Australia to Oregon actually, but don't even know where to start! It will go through LA, as my fams all down there. It unfortunately has been modified with a 1982 2F engine and 5speed trans, so not sure how that effects importation?

image.jpg

It unfortunately has been modified with a 1982 2F engine and 5speed trans, so not sure how that effects importation?

Original engine can be a issue with EPA requirements for importing (not so much with NTSA). There is EPA book and verse which required original engine to be in truck to benifit from older than 21 years exemption. If its an obvious updgrade (i.e. from non turbo to turbo) I would not risk it not being allowed into US.

Thanks! Could it be imported with the engine out? Importing that separately?it finally has the 2H diesel in it

Thanks! Could it be imported with the engine out? Importing that separately?it finally has the 2H diesel in it

Over the past 8 years I've imported a hand full of vintage Land Rovers and have some costly lessons lerned. PM me your email address and I can send you CBP & EPA documents; and pointers. "Luck favors the prepared"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom