225w leds spot lights! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone running 225w leds upfront? I am retiring my piaas and going led all around. Please post any pics! Thanks

2-25 watt LEDs or 225 watt LEDs?

Cause that will be bright

2 x 225 watt spot lights not a bar!

Screenshot_2015-08-04-04-49-15-1.png

Dude, TWO of those? Really? Do you want to be visible from space?

Dude, TWO of those? Really? Do you want to be visible from space?
Where I go I need brighter lights than my PIAAs! It is open high desert country here. 20k or so lumens is not that much! ;)

OK, 20k lumens isn't that bad, but it is still really bright. Looking around I saw some light bars in the 30k lumen range which are brighter than most high-beams. adding two of them will turn night into day and roast Vampires and small animals.

My concern would be with two 10" lights blocking airflow if you're mounting them up front. I say be a pioneer and get them just be ready to modify your plan to make them work.

Just as a numbers game. Two 10" lights block 157in^2 of space in front of the grill. My two 10" single rows block 25in^2 and are plenty bright.

My concern would be with two 10" lights blocking airflow if you're mounting them up front. I say be a pioneer and get them just be ready to modify your plan to make them work.

Just as a numbers game. Two 10" lights block 157in^2 of space in front of the grill. My two 10" single rows block 25in^2 and are plenty bright.
I am thinking of welding some extension tabs to the arb and move them to the side so there is room for air flow in the center. They are on their way to me! :)

Last edited:
Its gonna look like Mickey Mouse if you mount them too far out... Might as well put them on the roof.

Just kidding, brah, I can't wait to see this! You better get some good night pictures!

I have a couple on the roof! :) We will see how it goes! I could put them on the back as backup lights......but, serioulsy there are folks who run those light force spot lights on the front and I think they are just as big. There is a guy on here with the ambers who has them on.

There's a couple guys on here running them. Maybe in the electrical/lighting section of this forum?

I'm no expert on this at all so help me out here. This has never sounded right to me when people say it is "blocking" the airflow. The air is there and has to go somewhere. Wouldn't the air be diverted around the lights and not blocked? The speed of the air would increase... the pressure would increase but not really be blocked right?

Yes, it doesn't disappear but who is to say it isn't diverted over the hood, or out the the sides and around the headlights. You will just get an area of low pressure behind the lights so at speed when 70mph winds should be pushing through your condenser and radiator you will have slow moving air that has to be drawn by your fan. Some people have large problems some none at all. Just a consideration for everyone.

What about mounting them into the ARB ? It would take one hell of a hole saw but there is probably enough room on the flat area to make it happen. I doubt you would compromise much in the way of strength beings that it should get most of that from the bend. Just a thought.

What about mounting them into the ARB ? It would take one hell of a hole saw but there is probably enough room on the flat area to make it happen. I doubt you would compromise much in the way of strength beings that it should get most of that from the bend. Just a thought.
I have measured the area and it will work with some mod, because my axe and shovel are mounted on top of the arb.

I gotta see this...

:popcorn:

My friend has a Baja Designs 50" curved light bar, that thing is ridiculously brighter than anything I've seen. I have 30" and 20" Rigid E2 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom