2017 model has upgraded heavy-duty mud guards and skid plates? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This article was just posted, and notes: "After receiving a thorough makeover last year, the 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser is mostly unchanged except for some additional standard features, like heavy-duty mudguards and skid plates, which explain the starting MSRP increase to $84,325 (up $1,000).

2017 Toyota Land Cruiser Overview

Is anyone aware of the nature or qualities of these "upgrades"? Would be interested to know if the skid plates have been materially strengthened or modified, and if they are compatible with the 2016 models?

I don't know if I would trust the article and where they are getting facts. One ex is MSRP which went up by roughly $500. Heavy duty mudguards? the same said for 16.

I know the 2016/17 LC released in UAE, KSA and Qatar has upgraded navigation/computer system running Android than the sluggish one we have here in the U.S. plus AHC and sport suspensions and YES Diff Lockers!!!!!!!!!

See youtube reviews below by owners:

Yes. Front/Rear Diff Lock dial in new LC and Android system :ban:

Showing AHC and Sport suspension/MTS in action:

Don't trust the quality. I want the OEM.

Oh, come on! What's not to trust about a US$50 wheel made in China? I mean, really ...

Now seriously, anyone who puts Chinese US$50 wheels on their LC200/LX570 is a fool.

Don't trust the quality. I want the OEM.

I have a nice set of 20" OEM wheels off my 2013 LX 570 I'd be happy to sell, with or without the Michelin Latitudes. ;)

I have a nice set of 20" OEM wheels off my 2013 LX 570 I'd be happy to sell, with or without the Michelin Latitudes. ;)

Thanks! I have considered and even found brand new set for $850 delivered. I really like the late lx570 wheels, but think the new 20" land cruiser looks even better so patiently waiting to find a set. My LC has only 7K miles so have plenty of time before tires are ready for change.

I think that anyone putting $50 alloy wheels on their car is a fool. That's just downright scary at that point.

I should have a silver 2017 in a few weeks; I will check for the upgraded parts
The 2016 I looked at was at another dealer, but I can compare to my 2015....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom