2016 wheeling plans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok we have the date for PYS set but I'm hoping to nail down some more for the year. Maybe get something planned for Hoedown, Harlin, and what ever else. I know Tony, like me, needs as much notice as possible for the days off.

I really want to go back to Harlin again next year, but didn't know when was best for you all. I did really like the Friday thru Tues deal that John, Tony, and I did this fall.

So post up what works for you and when

Yes, I think we should all do some pondering & put some events together as well.

I do want to return to Harlan next year!
That place is awesome.

Hoedown is August. I just need to sit down with a calendar & figure out when all my weekends are.

More from me on this in the near future.

I vote fall Harlan trip

Anyone want to go west? And/or north? Lot of good wheeling in Michigan I would like to hit, but not as much as out west.

I'm down for a Michigan journey for a few days. But as usual for me PYS can be my only big trip.
I cannot take more than a week off at a time. And even though I get 19 paid days off (21 if you count thanksgiving & Christmas) I can only take 2 week long trips and one has to be with my wife. All the rest are for long weekends or the like.

I'm with Mark and Tony in the need to know early camp. And all in favor of long weekend trips whether its Harlan, Windrock, FN or Michigan. The Friday-Monday/Tuesday trips are awesome for me as well

Anyone want to go west? And/or north? Lot of good wheeling in Michigan I would like to hit, but not as much as out west.

South Dakota would be sweet. Michigan would be cool.

We will probably itching to get out in March/April.
The usual shakedown run in May.
PYS.
I will be doing another long trip in July and August, I should probably start a thread on that....
Hoedown
Harlan
Silverlake
Fall run
TFT...

We need to get out more!

I concur we need to get out more.
I will do all I can!

I am in the same boat as Tony, 1 week for PYS, 1 week with wife, rest of the days for long weekends with you all. We start scheduling vacations here in the next few weeks at work so some dates would be great.

Did really like the fall trip to Harlin, weather seems to be better in the fall. Mich. also sounds fun, out west is a few years away for me, Tenn. is full of possibilities...........

Ok my first round of weeks is approved. Now I need to turn in the days I want for next year by next Monday. So I'm needing to nail down some dates. Hoedown is Aug., lets put Harlin in for Sept. again, and throw in a weekend in April to go somewhere. So Tony you seem to be the one with a more set schedule, so let me know what works for you and we will plan from there. Of course there will be more trips than these but I just want to get the longer weekends set if we can. Don't even have to set the where yet just the when.

Ok. Here is what I'll add to the mix.
Keep in mind I will have to try for approval and it's very difficult for me to change things after approval has been granted.
I will put in for ;
May 20, 21 & 22 for PYS shake down. That's a Friday through Sunday.
August 12, 13 & 14 for Hoedown. Also a Friday through Sunday.
September 8 to 12 for Harlan. That's a Thursday through Monday.
I will have more days to use for long weekends & such.
Depending on what my doctor says and/or does to my back, I may be able to stay a coupla more days at Harlan and at PYS. Cause if I don't have to spend 2 days recuperating from long wheelin trips life would be more awesomer.

If ya wanna do April it would be 22, 23 & 24. That's a Friday through Sunday.

These are all on my weekends off.
I do appreciate everyone trying to work with my weekends off since I only get 12 a year.
But if this doesn't work for the group then I say eat a bag of dicks & find a way to make it work so I can go wheelin!

Costco has a sale on 3 packs of bagged dicks!

I love Costco, they always have great prices.

So? Any other input?
Will these dates work for anyone else?
I wanna put in the time off requests soon as possible, gimme some feed back, Bitches (Bitches added purely for emphasis...EMPHASIS!)

only issue I have is the Sept. dates 8th and 9th are full and may work that weekend. Any chance to move it to the next weekend 15,16,17,and 18?