2016 Uwharrie Work Day Schedule (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, I'm done spamming the forum after this one.. but I saved the most important for last.
2015 was a good year for trail maintenance, a lot got done and we are proud.
2016 however, we have a lot of work that Darin and others in the forest service want all of the volunteers to accomplish. His main focus this year is on Daniel, with many reasons I understand. I will let Darin pass forward the expected work day plans. We see the same group of people coming to each work day, and I would love to see those numbers increase. Attendance is key!

Dates:
** *update* JANUARY WORK DAY IS NOW JANUARY 30th, DUE TO MOTHER NATURE PRODUCING FREEZING COLD WATER **
February 20th
March 19th and 20th
April 16th
May 21st
June 18th
July 16th
August 20th
September 17th
October 22nd
November 19th

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it is not easy for some of us to make it. For us it is a 5 hour round trip to start. The other side of it is that the work being done is very similar to all the work we have left to do here on our own property. Over 70 fence posts left on my fences along with at least one new run in shed come to mind. Not to mention 15 more 1,100 lb round bails to pick up that are 1.5 hours away.

Between keeping up with live stock and running two businesses, free time is something that is rare around our place. We took 1 trip this year, Hurricane Creek.

That's fine @NCFJ . Try to make any workdays you can, including the workdays we build into the X-Mas party and Meet & Greet.

We also need to designate one where we showcase the Trail Grant we received so we can send photos to the sponsor. We have $300 to use as we see fit, a heck of alot of trash bags for clean up, and a handful of T-shirts to give away to those that attend.

We also need to designate one where we showcase the Trail Grant we received so we can send photos to the sponsor. We have $300 to use as we see fit, a heck of alot of trash bags for clean up, and a handful of T-shirts to give away to those that attend.

Would it make sense to have this factor into the new trail that's opening?
Of course I have no idea what that timing is, so....

Are trail days for 4x4s like trail days for mountain bikes? Pizza, beer, shovels, hatchets and rakes?
Similar, maybe a bit more tobacco smoke and a bit less self-righteous arrogance, but it's the same general idea.

Similar, maybe a bit more tobacco smoke and a bit less self-righteous arrogance, but it's the same general idea.
You must have met the ones that wear tights and jerseys and say "on your left".
We don't associate with those people, we drink craft beer, have cookouts, and half of em are so stoned they're perpetually chill.

I like your thought, we will have to try that one day. :)

the next few work days we will have a Spud Bar open, we will surf the guardrail down the hill and haul it flat out through the curves. You can try a few hole shots and we can even set up a race between the 2-stroke and 4-stroke crews. Everyone will have a chance to to get hammered if they are up to it. and like always there will be lots of loose nuts around.

You must have met the ones that wear tights and jerseys and say "on your left".
We don't associate with those people, we drink craft beer, have cookouts, and half of em are so stoned they're perpetually chill.
Surely I kid.
I kid because I love.

I mountain bike myself, and used to do MB tra work days back in VT, but I like this crew better.

Surely I kid.
I kid because I love.

I mountain bike myself, and used to do MB tra work days back in VT, but I like this crew better.
In that case, I highly recommend Sherman Branch off Camp Stewart Rd outside Charlotte, and if you ever find yourself in Almond, Tsali is one of those that stays with you. Also, there are 13 miles of trail on UNCC campus with some not quite sanctioned dirt jump sections that the local nuts work on. I ride past on my XC rig and quietly wonder when it was I found my sense of self preservation.

bumping this back up to see who we've got planned to go???

Provided:
I'm still alive
Nothing important has fallen off Burt
I'm not working
My rib heals enough

I'm in. What do I need to bring? Besides food, water, my UE Boom, camera, gloves and more food? And Plan B, can't forget my bike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom