2016 URJ200 SERIES LAND CRUISER/LX570 UPDATE-REFRESH (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Came across these today on AU website. Pretty quick to market on them. Base GX model comes with a oem snorkel. Notice on the GX the solid black grill and no wing into the headlights.
LC200 Farmer 1440x900.jpg

PZQ2960640 LC200 Alloy Bullbar.jpg
PZQ2960650 LC200 Steel Bullbar.jpg
Silver Pearl.jpg

there should be a way to remove those rear seat screens, hopefully without leaving an ugly bare void.
I looked at a '16 LC at the dealer last week and I could not see any obvious way to remove the screen. It seemed to be very "integrated".

Came across these today on AU website. Pretty quick to market on them. Base GX model comes with a oem snorkel. Notice on the GX the solid black grill and no wing into the headlights.
View attachment 1169978
View attachment 1169981 View attachment 1169984 View attachment 1169986
god find I wonder if those plastic bumper trim pieces may be OEM parts from Toyota behind the bull bars; always better to have a nice perfect piece then to have to cut original bumper. Any news fromARB yet?

The 8 speed, and several of the new tech options like that birds eye view camera system, all sound great to me.
This video was the first time i have seen that camera system in action. Looks like it would be very handy, resolution looks great.

I bought the 16 LC. Camera system is great with all the views, but the resolution is terrible. Maybe good for Toyota, but comparing to my BMW looks like 10 years behind. Even Nav is not moving smoothly while driving. Toyota needs to put some work into the system

I bought the 16 LC. Camera system is great with all the views, but the resolution is terrible. Maybe good for Toyota, but comparing to my BMW looks like 10 years behind. Even Nav is not moving smoothly while driving. Toyota needs to put some work into the system

I wish Toyota (and others) would come out with wired iPad apps/mounts...so you could plug in a dedicated iPad and let it run various systems like GPS, Stereo, cameras, etc.

Very surprising

The new Lexus I have is amazing in all camera

Heck the Prius has fantastic resolution

Acura is the worst culprit as their resolution is from 1988. Didn't expect that in a 2016 LC

Very surprising

The new Lexus I have is amazing in all camera

Heck the Prius has fantastic resolution

Acura is the worst culprit as their resolution is from 1988. Didn't expect that in a 2016 LC

Makes me wonder if they deliberately stuck an older one in the LC to make the Lexus look like an upgrade...and make us forget about that ugly grill... :)

I just drove a 16 LX today. It was very comfy and spacious inside, great for just cruising the streets. I can't see taking it offroad on anything more than a dirt road, its too big for that. It felt really wide, their is like 15" between the front seats. When I got on the highway I hammered it and the 5.7 had mediocre power, feel like it could use another 75 to 100hp its a big truck. A turbo diesel option would be awesome. I used to work for Infiniti as a technician, and they have had the birds eye view out for a while on several of their models, and I always wondered why Toyota never did. Finally they do now, but seems like they are pretty late to the party. But I love birds eye view, its awesome and glad Toyota finally is using it as many of their models have poor rear visibility as the vehicles are all getting bigger. Also, from what I remember of the big Infinity SUV, can't remember its exact model name now, but the Infiniti seems to have a much more plush feeling interior. And the Infiniti cars and trucks always seemed to have incredible power-I got a speeding ticket on a test drive actually.:confused: The Infiniti also had variable valve event lift, and I am surprised Toyota still doesn't have that. One thing Infiniti was bad about though unlike Toyota, is that with all the cool gizmos they came with frustrating glitches which Toyota or Lexus typically has few of. Also I noticed the new LX has a million traction control buttons for all kinds of different options, I seriously question who is going to use these often. I really don't care for how all the lexus vehicles are going for the same grill. Its like nothing hardly stands out as different. The LX for example very much looks like the RX.

I just drove a 16 LX today. It was very comfy and spacious inside, great for just cruising the streets. I can't see taking it offroad on anything more than a dirt road, its too big for that. It felt really wide, their is like 15" between the front seats. When I got on the highway I hammered it and the 5.7 had mediocre power, feel like it could use another 75 to 100hp its a big truck. A turbo diesel option would be awesome. I used to work for Infiniti as a technician, and they have had the birds eye view out for a while on several of their models, and I always wondered why Toyota never did. Finally they do now, but seems like they are pretty late to the party. But I love birds eye view, its awesome and glad Toyota finally is using it as many of their models have poor rear visibility as the vehicles are all getting bigger. Also, from what I remember of the big Infinity SUV, can't remember its exact model name now, but the Infiniti seems to have a much more plush feeling interior. And the Infiniti cars and trucks always seemed to have incredible power-I got a speeding ticket on a test drive actually.:confused: The Infiniti also had variable valve event lift, and I am surprised Toyota still doesn't have that. One thing Infiniti was bad about though unlike Toyota, is that with all the cool gizmos they came with frustrating glitches which Toyota or Lexus typically has few of. Also I noticed the new LX has a million traction control buttons for all kinds of different options, I seriously question who is going to use these often. I really don't care for how all the lexus vehicles are going for the same grill. Its like nothing hardly stands out as different. The LX for example very much looks like the RX.

Heh heh... This HAS to be a troll post.

On the other hand...I personally think the new LX looks pretty hideous.

One thing I wonder... If someone wanted to put an ARB or other bull bar on this thing...where would they cut the robot grill???

I don't think ARB will do one for the LX! to complicated or cost prohibitive for them. hey has anyone seen a recent 200 Lexus with an ARB? I don't even think one is available.

I don't think ARB will do one for the LX! to complicated or cost prohibitive for them. hey has anyone seen a recent 200 Lexus with an ARB? I don't even think one is available.

By "recent" do you mean a 570? There are definitely 570s with bull bars from ARB.

With that new funky grill though? i dunno.

Heh heh... This HAS to be a troll post.

On the other hand...I personally think the new LX looks pretty hideous.

One thing I wonder... If someone wanted to put an ARB or other bull bar on this thing...where would they cut the robot grill???
A troll post? Why? I stated personal positives and negatives I found driving it. I think the grill is two piece, but I could be wrong. Some of the other lexus models are 2 piece, its just hard to see where they separate.

White Stripe mentioned the power seemed low, which may make sense. The 5.7 has an electronic throttle system that I believe the computer uses to adapt to our driving style. I only say this because if I've been piddling around for a while and then mash the skinny peddle, I'm sometimes underwhelmed by the response. But other times, when I've been driving the way that makes my wife yell at me, the response is almost ferocious.

And yeah, the Lexus looks pretty bad, IMO.

White Stripe mentioned the power seemed low, which may make sense. The 5.7 has an electronic throttle system that I believe the computer uses to adapt to our driving style. I only say this because if I've been piddling around for a while and then mash the skinny peddle, I'm sometimes underwhelmed by the response. But other times, when I've been driving the way that makes my wife yell at me, the response is almost ferocious.

And yeah, the Lexus looks pretty bad, IMO.

Sorry. :) It was the comment about it being too big to off-road that threw me. It's exactly the same size as the LC, and LCs are the standard all over the world in rough country.

But anyway... About acceleration... In my LC, the SPEED of your foot on the gas pedal makes a difference. Hit it gard, and you downshift immediately. Personally, I find the acceleration in the 200 quite amazing for such a HEAVY vehicle. LC/LX is a VERY heavy vehicle for its size...and the 5.7 is incredible powerful for a stock engine.

Maybe it depends on your current speed/gear whether the response seems big...but overall? I'm still amazed at how much power the thing has.

Agreed, they are beasts and it is only the 12 year old in me that wants the supercharger (but the 44 year old in me would have bought it by now if Toyota would install it).

The Infiniti also had variable valve event lift, and I am surprised Toyota still doesn't have that.

I think the LC has had variable valve lift for some time --

5.7L V8 Dual Independent VVT-i
With Land Cruiser’s power and torque at your disposal, even the most inhospitable terrain will not intimidate you. The 5.7-liter Double Overhead Cam (DOHC) 32-valve V8 employs Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) and Acoustic Control Induction System (ACIS). These advanced technologies help the engine produce 381 hp and 401 lb.-ft. of torque.

I think the LC has had variable valve lift for some time --

5.7L V8 Dual Independent VVT-i
With Land Cruiser’s power and torque at your disposal, even the most inhospitable terrain will not intimidate you. The 5.7-liter Double Overhead Cam (DOHC) 32-valve V8 employs Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) and Acoustic Control Induction System (ACIS). These advanced technologies help the engine produce 381 hp and 401 lb.-ft. of torque.
Variable valve lift is different than variable valve timing which is vvti. Variable valve lift actually controls how much the valve opens.

Sorry. :) It was the comment about it being too big to off-road that threw me. It's exactly the same size as the LC, and LCs are the standard all over the world in rough country.

But anyway... About acceleration... In my LC, the SPEED of your foot on the gas pedal makes a difference. Hit it gard, and you downshift immediately. Personally, I find the acceleration in the 200 quite amazing for such a HEAVY vehicle. LC/LX is a VERY heavy vehicle for its size...and the 5.7 is incredible powerful for a stock engine.

Maybe it depends on your current speed/gear whether the response seems big...but overall? I'm still amazed at how much power the thing has.
Well when I got in and drove it, it felt huge. Maybe its just the feel I got, but it seemed much wider than a 100 which is already a bit wide. I didn't measure it or look up any specs. When I was in moab we had a couple of 80s and a 100, the hundy seemed to have a little more trouble it seemed to me than the 80s. I assume its because the 100 is bigger. I cant imagine wheeling through fairly tight spots with anything bigger than a 100. But I guess I can't say for sure until I see one on the trail and observe what happens.:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom