2016 URJ200 SERIES LAND CRUISER/LX570 UPDATE-REFRESH (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very well hidden test mule?

It is a mix of the pre-facelift and post facelift LX with pre-facelift LC200 wheels. No rear mud flaps as well and it looks like it has seen some rough testing. I am almost certain this is a test mule.

B9PQzG3CEAAmpcU.jpg

B9PQzGSCQAI04ce.jpg

Last edited:
Updated 200/570 scheduled to go into production in August, 2015. At this rate 300 is expected to be ready for sale in 2 years with spy shots and near production ready test vehicles running around as early as next year.
Crazy to think the LX 570 was first unveiled 8 years ago at the 2007 New York motor show...feels like yesterday.
. My guess is they started working on the 300 from 2011/2012 and they already picked the final design in 2014 as the 200 design was frozen in 2004 and the 100 series in 1994.

I actually remember reading once that the 100 was supposed to be out by late 1996, not sure if that is true though but the 100 was so ahead of its time when released and it still is very refined compared to many vehicles out today. I also remember reading that the 100 LX 470 was used as a benchmark for the 2002 Range Rover.

Last edited:
That must be a test mule because I've never seen a 200 on a flatbed.

So do you guys think it's a total new product? I spent some time with a Lexus group but it was for the RC coupe and they all said it was be mostly interior and new front end style like all the other models (spindle grill thing) and snazzy lights etc

So do you guys think it's a total new product? I spent some time with a Lexus group but it was for the RC coupe and they all said it was be mostly interior and new front end style like all the other models (spindle grill thing) and snazzy lights etc
based on LC history I would guess all new product, but based on what Toyota has been doing recently I would say aggressive facelift! i.e. Tundra and Tacoma... just a guess

it will be the same as the 100 to 200 ... totally different and hopefully much better ....

I am holding on to my 2008 until it comes out ...

So far Toyota has not been showing much love for the big SUV's. I think everyone thought the Sequoia was going to get he Tundra's upgraded interior and probably an minor exterior refresh, at least a new grill, but it too, is basically the same as the day it was born. At least the LC/LX 200 has had one very minor facelift since it was born, not that I really cared for the minor face lift they gave it. I liked the looks of both version better pre-2013, Not really a big fan of the whole spindle grill theme of the LX, all Lexus product for that matter, and liked the old taillights better on the pre-13 LCs. It will be interesting to see what happens. I seem to recall reading or hearing somewhere that one of the two LC or Sequoia might not be around in the US market much longer. Anyone else herd of that?

I have heard for years that the Sequoia is going away, but it's still here?!?!

My brother just got 2015 Sequoia, very nice rig, I think it's still one of the most comfortable SUVs out there.
The storage, and functional side of them is second to none, in the full size body on frame class IMO.
I might have considered one over my LC had they ever gotten around to passing the 2014 Tundra's updates on over to the sequoia. I don't really care for the interior or the nose on the current Sequoia, but I do like the extra space it gives over the likes of the Ford twins or GM triplets.

My wife test drive a 2014 sequoia and I wanted her to get it. I liked it for the same reasons you mentioned above. She bought a 2014 sienna. It's our land rocket. It sucks to walk up to but it's great once you're in it.

That is funny. I'm betting some guy with a minivan created that image.

Apparently a new 70 series could be out on sale as early as 2017. It will be based on the same rugged underpinnings of the current model but will meet NCAP 5 star crash test ratings with a revised body. Interesting as this is around the same time the new Defender is supposed to go on sale/ The new Defender will be sold in the US...you never know with the FJ discontinued in the US maybe they will decide to bring the updated 5 star 70?

thats interesting; I know the FJ competed with the Jeep here in the USA so Toyota may want something for that entry level

What do you guys think if how the new 2016 Fortuner looks? ( Based on the Hilux )

WWW.jpg

2016-Toyota-Fortuner-1.jpg

2016-Toyota-Fortuner-2.jpg

2016-Toyota-Fortuner-3.jpg

call me crazy but I like bigger headlights:)

I think the new Highlander doesn't look bad to be honest. It looks much better than the old one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom