2016 40s Only Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It sounds like we will be doing Bill Moore Lake out of Empire CO for the 40s only run. Does anybody want to convoy up there on Friday evening Sept 16th and camp? There are a couple of campgrounds near Georgetown, and that would put us w/in 15 miles of the trail for Saturday morning. I was thinking of taking US 50, to CO 9 up to I-70 (meet up at US 24 and CO 9 for those leaving Springs). Trying to avoid lots of interstate driving since its scary in an FJ40!
Kyle take a look at Jones Pass dispersed camping. 7 miles to Empire and free.

Thanks Kyle, I know Empire and how long it will take me to get there. I just wanted to gauge when to leave. Hope you have a safe trip up. Bill

Updates on the first post of the rising sun post.

Meet up in front of the dairy king on Park ave (the main drag in Empire) at 9 to air down, rolling by 9:30am on the trail. Lunch at the lake, its an out and back, should take us about 1-2hours each way depending on the groups speed, plus time at the lake.

The 40's only run was a lot of fun this weekend! We had 18 FJ40s,ranging from a bone stock original 1964, to a couple of 1979s. Most were nearly original, stock, or nicely redone, with only one being heavily modified. Bill Moore Lake was a great trail, with lots of colorful aspen trees, but man was it rocky! Out of the 18 rigs, 15 made it all the way to the lake for lunch. Malcolm, Doug and I made it up from our club. Both Malcolm and Doug had 4 wheel drive issues and had to turn back. Hopefully they get their issues worked out soon! Camping was great, but chilly at night. Jones Pass had some nice areas to set up camp! Hopefully next year we can get a few more 40s from our club up there.

20160917_095350.jpeg
20160917_100235.jpeg
20160917_100241.jpeg
20160917_120919.jpeg
20160917_145824.jpeg

Kyle, these are great pictures! This is Adam (green '82 40) think you can email me the original two you took of my truck? Airing down and the one from behind with the aspens? akfarmerslb at gmail dot com Thanks!!

Great pics and looks like a good time. Always really liked the 40s styling.

Kyle, these are great pictures! This is Adam (green '82 40) think you can email me the original two you took of my truck? Airing down and the one from behind with the aspens? akfarmerslb at gmail dot com Thanks!!

I'll try and remember to send them to you this afternoon...

Kyle! It was great having you guys, I'm sorry Doug and Malcom had some issues with their 4x4 popping out of gear. We'll do it again next year and shoot maybe for a trail between our clubs. It was nice to see COS represent!

Did anyone get a pic of Adam in the Chutes!? Again Adam, amazing job on that 40!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom